IT Project Manager
You will be part of the GBS Banking & Cash team, whose mission is to provide efficient and effective IT solutions to support the credit, treasury & cash services of Euroclear Bank.
Within that team, you will assume the role of a project leader for projects in waterfall methodology or scrum master for initiatives in agile mode. This means that you will manage all aspects of IT projects, involving multiple disciplines in the IT function, external providers, internal and (depending on the project) external clients.
The GBS Banking & Cash team is currently expanding its agile coverage, with the ambition to cover most domains within the next year. You will play an active part in the change, which will enable you to get acquainted with this methodology, and may provide you with opportunities to explore other functions through T-shaping.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that projects deliver a defined scope within a set timeline and budget, in line with quality criteria and based on the applicable project methodology of Euroclear. This will require managing the various actors within and outside the team towards achieving these targets, resolving and escalating issues as necessary.
Your responsibilities :
- Leading the development of a project proposal or plan to determine the timeframe and budget for accomplishing the project
- Ensuring appropriate assignment of staffing resources to various phases of the project
- Defining the project governance and organisation and leading the reporting of progress towards various levels as required
- Overseeing the business, technical, organisational and financial aspects of the project
- Challenging and negotiating changes in project specification or scope with the project sponsor
- Manage a virtual team including internal and external members
- Acting as the interface and facilitator between project sponsor and various internal/external parties involved in the project
- Negotiating and managing contracts with external suppliers with the support of specialized teams (eg Corporate Procurement)
- Ensuring adherence to project management processes & frameworks
- Assisting senior management to gain organisational buy in where required
- Contributing to the improvement of project management processes and systems
- Previous project management experience of 2-3 years, ideally in the financial industry, either in waterfall or agile methodology
- Very good negotiating and influencing skills
- Very well organised and structured
- Good listener and communicator at various levels in the company
- Good conflict manager
- Interested in creating a « win-win » with and being close to internal & external clients
- Openness to change (agile methodology)
- Proactive and good team player
- Experience with off-shoring is an asset.
Our part of the deal
We provide a highly variable and interesting job, closely integrated with the business side, training possibilities to further develop your hard and soft skills, and the option to evolve towards more senior IT roles in the future.
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.