IT Operations Manager (M/F)
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Digital and IT
Global Business Support
COM00001082 Requisition #
ENGIE IT, a fully-owned subsidiary of ENGIE S.A., is a shared service centre delivering IT services to a number of internal Business Units within the ENGIE group, mainly in France and Belgium, as well as operating Group-wide platforms on behalf of ENGIE's Corporate Digital & IT department.
In particular, ENGIE IT operates ENGIE's Group collaboration platform (Office 365) and a few other worldwide Group services used by 150,000 employees around the world, spread over 70 countries. More and more of those services are cloud-based.
ENGIE is a de-centralised organisation with 24 Business Units divided into many "business entities", most of which have their own dedicated Local IT team. The Group services such as Office 365 are delivered in an "IT-to-IT" model: ENGIE IT operates the platform / backend services and provides 2^nd/3^rd line support to the Local IT teams, whilst the Local IT teams (about 150 different IT teams) face their end-users and deliver the services to them, provide the local IT support and perform user account management.
As a member of the Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) Service Line of ENGIE IT, the IT Operations Manager's main responsibility is to ensure safe and secure operation of the Group services production environment, and to manage a follow-the-sun IT-to-IT support organisation.
Leading a team of approx. 15 System Engineers called "Cloud Services" and spread over 3 different locations (with 2/3^rd in Brussels, the rest in America and Asia-Pacific), the IT Operations Manager is accountable for the availability, performance, security and support of the production services delivered the Local IT teams, including:
- the Office 365 collaboration platform (cloud-based)
- the related email services (mail relay / secure email gateway or service)
- the OKTA identity & access management platform (cloud-based)
- the Zscaler internet access proxy platform (cloud-based)
- the Active Directory Forest root domain (on-premises)
He/she works in close relationship with the Office 365 Service Delivery Manager (SDM) and a few other SDMs, was well as with the Expertise/Design teams and the SaaS suppliers.
Most importantly, the IT Operations Manager is the main contact point for the Local IT teams for support issues, escalation, major incidents and more generally the day-to-day operations of the platforms. He/she is in regular contact with the Local IT Managers and Helpdesk Managers around the world.
· Manage a "follow-the-sun" team distributed between Belgium (approx. 10 employees or contractors), Montreal (approx. 2 employees) and Nouméa (approx. 2 employees).
· IT Operations Management - Organise the safe and secure operation of the Group services production environment, most of which is cloud-based.
· Incident Management & Request Fulfilment - Provide excellent support to the Local IT teams (approx. 3,000 tickets per month - incidents and requests combined) through an ITSM tool, email, instant messaging (Skype for Business) and telephone (emergencies only). This is not a Service Desk: it is a team of System Engineers providing 2^nd/3^rd line support to Local IT teams (Service Desks / Helpdesks, System Administrators, System Engineers…).
· Change Management (the IT Operations Manager has sign-off to all changes affecting the production environment), Problem Management, Major Incident Management.
· Ensuring documentation is up-to-date: production handbooks, procedures, knowledge base etc.
· Keeping the knowledge of the team members current through technology watch, training etc.
· Escalation to SaaS service providers (e.g. Microsoft Premier Support, OKTA…).
· Managing the ITSM tool (called "RISE") and reporting on tickets.
· Management of special user accounts (privileged/admin, service/technical accounts etc.).
· Automation of support & administration tasks through scripting (PowerShell mainly).
· Providing expert technical advice for change to existing services or the introduction of new services.
· Raising and escalating risk and issue as soon as they become apparent as well as proposing plans to mitigate them.
· Ensure & measure the satisfaction of the Local IT teams.
· Support the Service Delivery Managers in service review meetings with the Local IT teams.
Knowledge and skills
Key technical knowledge and skills for the team - the IT Operations Manager must be familiar with these but not necessarily master all of them:
· Proficient in all recent Windows Server versions, in Active Directory and associated Microsoft technologies
· Basic networking, Domain Name System (DNS) and IT security knowledge
· Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office 365 suite and its administration (Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Groups, Teams, Yammer, OneDrive for Business etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Online & on-premises (Exchange Server 2016) concepts and administration
· Good knowledge in email routing protocols (SMTP), antispam & other email security mechanisms
· Excellent knowledge of the OKTA IDaaS platform
· Good knowledge of Azure Active Directory and AAD Connect
· PowerShell scripting abilities
· Good knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management best practices in general, as well as ITSM tools e.g. ServiceNow, GLPI
· Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite and Microsoft Excel in particular
· Sufficient knowledge of SharePoint Online in order to maintain a documentation repository & knowledge base
· Knowledge of the Zscaler proxy-in-the cloud SaaS platform is a plus
· Knowledge of PowerBI is a plus
· Ability to manage servers on Azure IaaS is a plus
Dimensions of the job
· Works under clear direction with a large degree of autonomy
· Receives assignments in the form of objectives
· Establishes own milestones; work is often self-initiated
· Is held fully accountable for actions taken and decisions made
· Works to applicable industry standards and company processes
· Communicates effectively, formally and informally, with colleagues
· Clear understanding of the relationship between own area of responsibility to the organisation and takes customer requirements into account when making decisions
· Takes initiative to keep skills up to date
· Maintains awareness of developments in the industry
· Flexible approach to business requests
· Willing to travel to Paris on a regular basis and to other international locations on specific occasions
· Substantial experience of delivering operational IT services to end-users and managing IT infrastructure
· Substantial experience in team leadership / people management in an operational & technical IT environment
· Experience in delivering IT support
· Experience at implementing processes and driving change in general
· Experience in writing technical documentation, IT procedures, operational reports and user guides
· Experience of delivering exceptional customer service
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
· Bachelor or Master degree in an in a Computer Science, Engineering or IT discipline, or equivalent through experience
· ITIL certification - 'ITIL Foundation' minimum
· Any additional IT certification or vendor certification is plus (e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, OKTA, Zscaler…)
· Languages: fluent in English and French; knowledge of other languages (e.g. Dutch, Spanish) is an asset
· Leadership skills & experience in an IT Service environment
· Decision making & problem-solving skills
· Develop and maintain relationships at all levels across multiple geographic locations
· Prioritise multiple tasks, whilst working to tight deadlines
· Evidence of driving a "customer excellence" approach
· Flexibility - to work extra hours at short notice, from time to time
· Customer facing skills
· Effective communicator (verbal & written)
· Persistence: meeting targets and fulfilling agreements even under adverse circumstances
· Attention to detail: applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked
· Information acquisition: identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps
· Goal orientation: maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances
· Organisational awareness: understanding the hierarchy and culture of the organisation
· Energetic and resilient
· Strong value set, professional in approach and behaviour
· Self-starter, shows initiative and commitment to continuous improvement, challenging the assumed 'normal' practices
· Keeps knowledge current and shows commitment to continuous learning
· Ability to work as a team member with a strong focus on outcomes that ensure best results for the business
· Collaborative and open in style, with sound and balanced judgment
· Flexible and adaptable
· Actively identifies problems and presents viable solutions
· Conducts work while being fully aware of, and complying with, health & safety, environmental and security responsibilities
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.