IT Lead, Business Analyst Data Integration-1805646231W
The IT Lead, Business Analyst (BA) Data Integration, located in the Janssen R&D Operations Business Technology department, will look to optimize the way data is captured, integrated and used efficiently across R&D Operations.
As a member of the Data Management & Operational Analytics (PLO) team, you will support data & analytics projects with varying degrees of complexity. As Business Analyst you will be responsible for data integration & data warehouse design. You will work in an agile team of interdisciplinary experts, contributing to requirements analysis, concepts, design, implementation and testing of analytical solutions. To ensure delivery of solutions, you will partner closely with the J&J R&D Technology BTL and PLO teams, as well as J&J Technology Services and external service providers.
The ideal candidate is a functional analyst who breaths data and who can combine technical skills with the ability to step up and manage other team members' work (external service providers).
This position reports to the Senior Manager, BA, Data Management & Operational Analytics and may be located at any of the major Janssen R&D locations (NJ, PA, Beerse).
Additional specific responsibilities include:
* Collaborate with other analysis and modelling experts, with source system experts, with the warehouse and data mart development team.
* Analyzing source data and writing functional models of the source data.
* Assist functional modelers by providing input to create functional model of the warehouse based on a conceptual model from our business customer.
* Assist functional modelers by providing input to create a functional model of the data marts based on dashboard/reporting/analysis requirements from our business product owner
* Specify the transformation of the technical source models to the functional source model.
* Specify the transformation of the functional source models to the functional warehouse model.
* Specify the transformation of the functional warehouse model to the functional data mart model.
* Working knowledge of Pharma Research & Development processes and technologies is an advantage
* Understanding of Agile.
* Working knowledge of SDLC including requirements elicitation, system design, development and validation/regulatory requirements.
* Proven track record in technology projects
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* Solid foundation in computer science
* Understanding of and experience with relational databases and entity-relationship data modeling, as well as with hierarchical data models.
* Project experience in a comparable industrial environment is an asset.
* Master and/or Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry or Bioinformatics OR equivalent through experience is required
* Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and in writing, in a global setting is required
* Experience in analysis & data warehouse design is required
* Strong SQL knowledge is required
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and other productivity tools is required
* Experience in performing in-depth data analysis / profiling is required
* Capable of writing formal, precise and complete specifications [required]
* Experience in leading medium to large projects is preferred
* Cross-functional experience is preferred
* Experience working within an Agile team is preferred
* Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction [preferred]
* Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills [required]
* Establishes and manages engagement objectives, expectations and quality plan
* Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
* Quick learner, motivated self-starter
* Eager and driven by the urge to deliver
* Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
* Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
* Experience with a global work environment (US, Europe, India) is an asset
What's in it for you…?
"Caring for the world, one person at a time…"
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)