IT Expert New Medicines Data Platforms
Date: Mar 1, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Within the global UCB IT organization, the IT New Medicines Data Platforms group is playing a crucial role in accelerating drug discovery by enabling our New Medicines research teams to use cutting-edge information technology.
We are looking for an individual with a rare combination of IT skills and scientific experience to strengthen our team.
As IT Expert Data Platforms, you will deliver innovative data management solutions for new drug discovery technologies. Your solutions will enable data analysis and decision making by therapeutic project teams throughout the drug discovery process. The skills you bring will boost a fast-moving research environment aiming to transform patients' lives.
The role is based in Belgium but some international travel will be required to our research sites in the U.K and U.S.
Your main responsibilities
As IT Expert for New Medicines Data Platforms, you will:
* Use your technical skills to enable the management of complex, high content assays, e.g. Kinetic, Proteomics, SPR, HT-Flow & Imaging assays
+ Build custom algorithms to support data import, normalization and result calculation using python or similar.
+ Integrate custom algorithms with tools like Screener (Genedata) and E-WorkBook (IDBS).
+ Define practical but rigorous business rules to ensure data quality.
* Define and deploy data management solutions for a wide range of drug discovery techniques, e.g. primary pharmacology, in vivo tox, proteomics, functional genomics, etc.
+ Work with multi-disciplinary teams to understand requirements
+ Design the platform using the right mixture of existing solutions and new tools.
+ Work with internal and external teams to deliver new solutions.
* Promote scientist's awareness of and comfort with data management approaches. Share your understanding of new scientific workflows and requirements with our IT team.
* Be an integral part of the team delivering a streamlined support model to scientists based in Belgium, U.K. & the U.S. Work with key users, vendors and wider IT team to deliver front line and secondary support expertise.
You see yourself immediately when reading…
* Master/PhD (or equivalent research lab experience) in Life science or a quantitative discipline, comfortable with exploitation of data.
* Passionate about exploiting the power of data by delivering data management solutions in a fast-evolving research environment.
* Love to use technology to capture and analyse high content data. For example - through experience with technologies such as Python, R and/or data pipeline tools such as Pipeline Pilot, Knime etc.
* Experienced in managing or analysing data from high content techniques (e.g. Proteomics, SPR, Kinetic assays, CRISPR, HCS etc) as well as traditional in vitro techniques (e.g. FRET).
* Ideally you will have experience with tools such as Screener, ActivityBase, Spotfire etc.
* You enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Fluent in English, you enjoy communicating with impact.
* Working in a fast paced, innovative environment, where success matters, excites you!
Why you should apply
Do you want to contribute in bringing real value to patients living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join one of the most dynamic & forward looking IT organizations in the world.
Job Segment: Database, Data Management, Data Analyst, Research Scientist, Technology, Research, Data, Science