IT Cloud Technology Lead
Date: Dec 4, 2018
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
IT Cloud Technology Lead
Within the global UCB IT Infrastructure organization, the Datacenter and Cloud Services (DCS) team is playing a crucial role in being up to date in the latest technologies in order to create patient value and improve our stakeholder experience.
We are looking for a unique individual to strengthen our team.
As an IT Cloud Technology Lead, you will draw on your technical, communication and organizational skills to help UCB get the most value from their public cloud and container platforms. Your previous experience with enterprise infrastructure implementations, cloud platform design, big data or parallel computing solutions, and DevOps principles will play a critical part in your day to day work. These experiences will help you driving success and advocating for our most critical strategic stakeholders. You will own all aspects of cloud adoption, helping our stakeholders optimize their business and technical operations.
You will develop deep and lasting relationships with IT colleagues and stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of their requirements and goals. Building on this knowledge, you will make the shared strategic roadmaps concrete to drive partnerships, provide technical guidance and project leadership, and facilitate UCB's digital transformation to maximize their value from cloud platforms.
The role is based in Braine, Belgium.
Your main responsibilities
As an IT Cloud Technology Lead, you will:
* Guide projects through the entire lifecycle, building strategic roadmaps and drive achievement of key milestones. Serve as cloud champion and advocate for business value, enabling teams to embrace cloud technologies.
* Solicit continuous user feedback to ensure the best possible platform experience, and assist in prioritizing new requirements by communicating needs and impact.
* Have a clear focus on reducing and managing complexity in technical architectures, processes and team collaboration by looking at the whole system instead of individual components.
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert: understands cloud technology trends and how they drive innovation.
* Provide leadership and direction to a team consisting partly of internals, externals and off-shore resources. Work closely with the Global Service Desk and IT Operations Center of Excellence teams.
* Drive the UCB Change Management process.
You see yourself immediately when reading…
* You are interested in the potential of new technology and capable of translating technical potential into concrete projects bringing patient value.
* Excellent written, communication, project management and stakeholder management skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
* You are able to disentangle project interdependencies which would result in delivery time lost.
* Background in 2 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, containers, networking, security, system administration, service management modernization, and/or data architecture.
* Ability to present technical materials effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives on both technical and non-technical matters.
* Degree in engineering, sciences or business.
* At least 3 to 5 years of experience in technology management.
* Practical expertise in cloud technology and projects.
* Driving multiple projects and priorities comes naturally to you.
* Fluent in English.
* Working knowledge of French or Dutch is a practical advantage.
Why you should apply
Do you want to bring real value to patients living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to #UCBITstarteam and join one of the most dynamic & forward looking IT organizations in the world.
Job Segment: Cloud, Engineer, Service Desk, Data Center, Data Architect, Technology, Engineering, Customer Service, Data