IT Moving Services Team Leader
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a IT Moving Services Team Leader, based in Brussels.
The key person will be responsible for:
* Resource management: planning of resource usage (shifts, holidays) and estimation of costs, timescale and resource requirements for the expected level of service.
* Activities tracking against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
* Costs monitoring, timescales and resources used. Take appropriate actions where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
* Provide effective leadership for the operational team, ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience.
* Manage the change control procedure.
More specific tasks:
1. Movers shall have the overall view of the GSC environment, the equipment to be moved, as well as all aspects related to the GSC specific services.
2. Movers shall make full use of the Service Desk tool in the accomplishment of their tasks, i.e. work orders.
3. Movers shall assist in the delivery of IT related equipment from and to the different locations of the GSC, either by external suppliers or by shipping or freight companies.
4. Moving operations shall be initiated through the creation of a work order from the relevant GSC service.
5. Movers shall need to co-ordinate with installers in order to plan for the availability of the necessary IT related equipment accurately and timely, and to make sure that the moves result in an operational system for the end user, when appropriate.
6. Movers shall understand the confidentiality and sensitivity of their function. They should be able to identify situations which are not within their security boundary, and deal with them in the appropriate way.
7. Movers shall co-operate with other services (Requests, etc.) and external sources (suppliers, shipping companies, etc.) in order to receive and provide all necessary information and detailed instructions to avoid duplication of resources and customer nuisance.
8. Movers shall co-operate fully to each kind of customer satisfaction program.
The Ideal Candidate
The key person should have:
1. He/She shall have a good working knowledge - Level B.1 or above of either French or English [M]. Additional levels or knowledge of these or other EU languages provides added value.
2. He/She shall have knowledge of CIS environments.
3. He/She shall have the ability to deal with all hierarchical levels of professionals.
4. He/She shall have good interpersonal communication skills.
5. He/She shall have the ability to work in teams.
6. He/She shall have the physical ability to carry out the different duties required for the function.
7. He/She may be required occasionally to work outside standard working hours.
8. He/She shall be required to have a clean criminal record.
9. He/She might be required to have a security clearance allowing access to classified information (up to SECRET EU level) and thus be prepared to undergo security screening.
Besides this the Team leader has specific skills:
1. ITIL Foundation V2 or V3 certification
2. At least 2 years experience of managing a IT Moving Services movers
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to work on own initiative, prioritising and managing workloads.
5. Planning, organisation and management of the work
6. Precision, reliability, dynamism and flexibility
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world's largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people's lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers "front-line" public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies
Job Reference B020/Council/6333
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date 17 April, 2020
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 26 March, 2020
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address
Spread the word
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Jobs in the same category
Project Manager (10447, L5)
Apply by 27 March, 2020
Posted on 25 March, 2020
Technology Expert (10516, L5)
Apply by 14 April, 2020
Posted on 25 March, 2020
Technical Expert (10564, L4)
Apply by 16 April, 2020
Posted on 25 March, 2020