Career Opportunities: IoT Architect (44722)
Req Id 44722 - Posted 05/15/2018 - Telenet - Belgium - Mechelen - Functional Area (1) - Full Time / Part Time (1) - Job Level (1)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Goesting in een nieuwe Job?
As a leading telecom company in Belgium we are investing in various innovations that will support companies' objectives in mid to long term.
The Strategy and Architecture team within Telenet is looking for a Sr. IOT Architect who can contribute in the journey of shaping and transforming the IOT Eco system.
Profile is demanding some specialized skills in the area of M2M/IoT technologies like NB-IoT,LTE-M,Wi-Fi,ZigBee,Z-Wave,NFC/RFID etc for defining an E2E Solution Architecture for IoT vertical solutions like Smart Home/Cities, Smart metering, Smart energy, M2M industries for connectivity, infotainment and automotive domains.
Having BSS/OSS experience in telco industry will be an advantage. Willing to work on new technologies w.r.t IOT and related areas e.g. BOTS, AI, AR/VR required to build E2E IoT vertical solutions and ready to step out of the "comfort zone" in order to find solutions to the problems.
Always looking for challenges and adaptable to changes (processes or technologies). A strong team player with "can do" attitude.
* Assist Enterprise Architect defining and setting up of E2E IoT eco system Architecture
* E2E Solution architecture for IoT Vertical solutions like Smart Cities/Buildings, Metering, Parking, Asset tracking etc.
* Keep an extensive overview of the IoT Eco system landscape both within Telenet and externally.
* Understand current Telco IT Landscape (BSS/OSS) and defining an integration architecture between existing IT landscape and IoT Eco system.
* Advanced problem-solving skills to resolve complex architectural issues with innovative solutions.
* Collaborate with various project stakeholders to understand the objectives and ensure solution and its alignment accordingly.
* Proactively identify techniques that make our IoT Eco system more optimal, to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve Business and IT performance and budgetary objectives.
* Innovation: Bring more clarity into the technologies that are currently in Hype-cycle of the IoT industry and identify the impact on the existing IT Eco system.
* Perform IT product evaluations, sometimes through the implementation of a Proof-of-concept, either within the department or in collaboration with vendors.
* Ensure alignment of enterprise technology roadmaps to business strategies.
* Be the E2E architect for design and integration of device connectivity layer for multiple protocols (IoT gateways for NB-IoT)
* Contribute in the architecture/high level design for E2E connectivity required for IoT vertical solutions rollout to operating companies/partners.
* Involve/engage early in the feasibility and impact assessment of business requirements. Ascertain the proposed solution viability in terms of cost, duration and partnership.
* Participate in the vendor's/partner's evaluation process to choose the right solution and partner for the given business requirements
* Clear Communication: You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, effectively tuning your delivery to your target audience, i.e. from engineer to C-level executive. You build up and maintain interpersonal relationships with ease. Communication towards our major shareholder Liberty Global is your cup of tea.
* Experience: 10+ years' experience in a large-scale multinational company of which 2-3 years minimum experience in the IoT area.
Telco specific experience will be an advantage.
Familiarity with IT Applications like Billing, CRM, order management, Contact Center, Self-service Portals.
Experience with programming languages, APIs, data management is a plus.
Experience in some functional domain is a plus.
* IoT Experience: 2-3 years of experience in defining E2E Architecture for different IoT solutions , Industrial IoT experience is a big plus.
* Business acumen: You are able to quickly grasp new business processes and have an aptitude for identifying the best ways to improve or enable them using data.
* Pragmatic: You are able to strike the right balance between theoretically perfect solutions and sensible/realistic solutions.
* Innovation technologies: Experience or profound interest in working with new and innovative technologies like IOT, BOTS, AI, AR/VR etc.
* Frameworks: Knowledge of TOGAF, TMForum is a plus.
* Customer-oriented: Extremely detail oriented and strong customer service focus
* Demonstrated Team player experience leading diverse groups to accomplish challenging goals
Hiring Manager: Pritanshu Sharma
Recruiter: Sam Vandeput
Apply Apply Using LinkedIn
Email this job to a friend
The job has been sent to
Please provide the information below
*Your email address:
*Your friend's email address:
Maximum character limit: 1000
*Confirm you are not a robot: