Internship IT Business Analyst
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
1) Student in last year or master in mechanical or electronics engineering including software developments skills.
2) Interested and passionate about technology and how it can be used to create value for TME R&D
3) Eager to learn , target oriented and team player
4) Basic skills for Project management (Agile approach)
5) Fluent in English (reading; writing and speaking) and flexible team player
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
Your team and your responsibilities
TME R&D IS team is responsible for managing and supporting all applications used by R&D engineers designing new cars together with Toyota Motor Corporation Japan, including implementation of new projects for e.g. digitalisation using PLM platforms.
Participate/lead activities to digitalize vehicle development process across R&D departments.
You will be working in a cross divisional team in close contact with R&D engineers, following Agile approach.
Main activities will be in:
1) Expanding usage of PDM solution for simulation data management from definition of requirements to actual implementation. This will require interaction with R&D engineers in the simulation area to understand business process and define actual requirements and coordinate with PDM vendor for actual implementation.
2) Expand usage of Virtual Reality / Mixed Reality tools across R&D divisions to enable faster decision making and reduce number of physical prototype during the vehicle development process. This will require investigation of current technology available on the market and definition of proposal on how they can be used by TME R&D engineers
Your delivery will be actually used by TME engineers to design the next Toyota model in Europe.