Intern Information Security - Corporate Security Dept
Legal Affairs / Security
General Management, Information Technology, Legal, Finance
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Corporate/Support functions
A global organisation. It's not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore's growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve - whether it's by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we've already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
About Internships at Umicore
Are you a student looking for an internship, thesis or PhD? At Umicore you will get to learn more about the practical side of your studies in a highly professional but friendly environment. We support you step by step, to help you get the most out of your studies.
What you will be doing
* You will be integrated in the team working on Information Security
* You will contribute to the governance of information security by drafting policies and guidelines; assist in the implementation of security improvements by assessing the current situation; evaluating trends and anticipating requirements; protect the system by defining access privileges, control structures and resources; assist in the determination of security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
* You will prepare performance reports and communicate system status and contribute to a campaign to raise awareness about security-related matters.
* You will help prepare for the ISO 27001 certification.
* The duration of the internship can vary from an equivalent of minimum one month to twelve months depending on your availability.
Who we are looking for
* Bachelor or Master students interested in security matters
* IT knowledge on various tools in the MS Office 365 package (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PP and SharePoint)
* You are fluent in English, both written and spoken and a good knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset
* Results driven
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?