Instrumentation & Control Engineer - Nuclear
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001656 Requisition #
As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, TRACTEBEL is able to offer to its customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Its broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, and allows to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are. TRACTEBEL is part of ENGIE Group, a global energy company and leading provider of electricity, natural gas and energy services.
TRACTEBEL seeks a :
Instrumentation & Control Engineer
An instrumentation and Control engineer (I&C engineer) is responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems and processes such as thermal, nuclear and renewable energy companies.
I&C engineers need a thorough understanding of the operational processes of an organisation. They have a multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including operations, purchasing and design.
Typical Work activities
I&C engineers develop skills in specific control disciplines such as:
* Advanced process control (APC);
* Distributed control systems (DCS);
* Programmable logic controllers (PLC);
* Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
The use of these disciplines will depend on the exact nature of individual job roles. In general, however, tasks and responsibilities can include:
* Designing and developing new control systems;
* Draw-up the technical specifications, functional analysis, logic diagrams, interlocks and control loops;
* Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems;
* Analysing data and presenting findings in written reports;
* working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff;
* Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities;
* Technical & contractual management within cost and time constrained environments;
* Understanding and ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards;
* Providing advice and consultancy support;
* Purchasing equipment;
* Developing new business proposals.
* Master Degree in Electro-mechanical/Electronic (or equivalent);
* Good knowledge in the electrical power plant processes;
* Proactive participation in a multidisciplinary team;
* Able to be in charge of contract greater than €1M;
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
* Trilingual is a must: Dutch - French - English;
* Dynamic, rigorous and creative, good at teamwork;
* Good communicator and listener and able to adapt to the client's particular requirements;
* Autonomous and flexible.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.