IMDC-Junior Hydrographic Surveyor
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001506 Requisition #
IMDC has been a leading consultancy firm in Flanders for more than 35 years, specializing in the execution of national and international water-related design, research and consultancy projects. At this moment we work with almost 120 highly skilled employees of various nationalities on projects from scientific research up to and including the hydraulic engineering design. IMDC has developed a broad experience in the field of marine systems, dredging techniques, coastal engineering, harbor and offshore structures, management of river basins, waterways and inland shipping, hydraulic design of locks and overdefenses, environmental studies, in situ measurements and sampling.
Since 1985, IMDC has been included in the Tractebel-Engie group. From 01/09/2018, IMDC will take the lead in realizing the closer cooperation with Tractebel's Port & Waterways department. In this context IMDC is looking for a:
Junior Hydrographic Surveyor
We are looking for a dynamic person with an innovative mindset, who's able to work as part of a project team, but can also work independently and is not afraid of taking initiative. You will be able to discover different technical domains and be exposed to different aspects of the project both in national and international context.
* You have a Bachelor or Master degree preferably in (applied) sciences or engineering
* You are flexible and does not have a 9-5 mentality
* Experience with hydrographical techniques for measuring currents, sediment concentrations, sedimentation are an advantage
* Missions abroad are a welcome interruption of your mainly work in Belgium.
* You enjoy working outside in all weather conditions and are not afraid of offshore work on vessels
* You are the owner of a driver license B, practical mindset and problem solving skills.
* You have excellent reporting skills, and are fluent in English (both written and verbally), and French or Dutch is an advantage.
* A knowledge of programming languages MATLAB or PYTHON, GIS or/and data communications are an advantage.
What we offer
* A challenging and varied job where initiative is appreciated.
* A young and dynamic working environment where professional development is encouraged.
* A range of interesting, challenging and significant (inter)national projects, with brief assignments abroad
* A permanent technical education and training to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
* An attractive salary and a range of non-statutory (fringe) benefits.
Please do not hesitate to send your CV and cover letter by mail to email@example.com. Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.