HR Head (m/v)
Apply to Job
Job ID 249765BR
Position Title HR Head (m/v)
Job Description In the context of the further autonomization of the Alcon division specialized in surgical equipment / Custom Paks ® (tailor-made surgery packages for eye surgery), the site in Puurs is looking for new employees.
Alcon develops, manufactures and sells surgical equipment and ophthalmological solutions that treat eye diseases. Our broad product range represents the strongest portfolio in the eye care industry.
Working at Alcon offers you the possibility of a job with great responsibility, where continuous learning and taking initiative are key.
The purpose of this role is to act as a Business Partner by developing and executing the People Strategy in support of the overall business priorities of the site. Under leadership of the Global HR Director and Site General Manager, this role will improve the organizations' effectiveness and deliver results on key HR metrics.
The HR head makes recommendations regarding the maintenance of a good social climate and to preserve management freedom with regard to the legal functioning of third parties.
* Ensure smooth social dialogue with union representatives in daily operations/ad hoc issues
* Prepare monthly union meetings Works Council
* Mediate in interpersonal conflicts
* Timely recruitment of fitting profiles
* Ensure that all hiring/firing activity is strictly within provisions of Belgian law and Global Procedures
* By effective follow up and monitoring of HR Operations SLA, ensures: correct monthly payment of all personnel and maintenance of discrete, up-to-date personnel files
* Make sure that severance payments to avoid legal dispute, are within the law and maximally advantageous to the company
* Support the General Manager & Finance Manager in developing the annual payroll budget, and a merit increase plan
* Prepare periodical compensation and benefit reviews to protect competitive market position
* Prepare recommendations for talent management and organizational development e.g. OTR reviews, development plans, high potentials, corrective action weak performances
* Ensure proper functioning of selected satellite employee services
* Represent the company in local and/or professional H.R. associations, task forces
* Administrate and manage all union relations (hourly paid and monthly paid) e.g. Works Council, collective agreements, Union Delegation (incl. outside union experts).
* Participate in Safety & Health Committee and coordinate with the company doctor.
Compensation & benefits
* By effective follow up and monitoring of HR Operations SLA: ensure correct benefits and payroll administration
* Participate in local salary and wage surveys
* Make comp&ben recommendations to line management
* Prepare payroll budget
* Act as internal consultant for all human resources related subjects for the General Manager Manufacturing Operations Belgium and all (multiple division) line managers on site in order to establish an employee relations climate supportive to business results.
Personnel Development & Talent Management
*Assist line managers in defining the talent development and training needs. Monitor OTR process and develop yearly training plan. Administrate the training budget and follow-up training expenses. Keep training documentation and training records.
* Drive (critical positions) succession planning, support line management identifying hipo's and developing adequate career planning in order to develop future leaders.
* Coordinate recruiting efforts with appropriate management for permanent hires and temps.
* Recruit high-level positions.
* Coordinate recruitment budget and expenses.
Office and General Services
* Develop and ensure services favouring employee satisfaction in a cost effective way.
* Monitor budget and expenses for selected General Services.
* Define and manage internal communication processes and develop corresponding tools, aligned with site and corporate communication & employee relations strategy
* Implementation and correct application of the ISO 14001 environmental management system in the own department.
* Responsible for implementation of and compliance to the principles and practices of the company's Manufacturing Manual at the site.
* As appropriate, responsible for implementation of, compliance to and governance of practices specifically prescribed to this role by the company's
Minimum requirements * Masters Degree in human resources, additional degree in social law.
* Minimum 10 years' experience with exposure in training and recruitment as well as Industrial Relations.
* Profound knowledge of social legislation and industrial relations practices.
* Basic knowledge of computerized administrative systems.
* Fluency in Dutch, English and French.
Business Unit MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Company/Legal Entity ALCON BEL
Functional Area Human Resources
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
HR Head (m/v)
HR Head (m/v)