Health Economics Lead
Date: Dec 21, 2017
Location: Anderlecht, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Real World Evidence Practice, based in our Head Quarters in Brussels, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Health Economics Lead.
Do you prize yourself on being strategic and driven? We have a special way to describe you as a unique 'strategiven' person at UCB. This extraordinary blend of talent means you are formidable at combining energy with reason to optimize patient comfort.
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Health Economics Lead you like to work in an environment where you can: *
* Lead, mentor and coach a team of Health Economists who will be working in activities described below.
* Beyond leadership, he/she will also be taking on some of the key accountabilities as described below
* Develop and execute Health Economic strategic plans in support of the substantiation of the Payer Value Proposition of compounds in UCB's development and in-market portfolio*
* Provide optimal support in health economics excellence to internal stakeholders involved in the development and commercialization of UCB patient solutions
As a UCB 'strategiven' person and Health Economics Lead you will contribute by:
* Leading a team of Health Economists responsible for the design, development and implementation of global health economics strategies and projects to generate compelling evidence that demonstrates the clinical, humanistic and economic value of UCB development and in-market patient solutions to payers and aligned healthcare decision makers in the following therapeutic areas: New Medicines (early pipeline), Neurology, Immunology and Bone. *
* Analysis and interpretation of project outcomes and translating them into impactful internal and external (through scientific publications) communications in line with the company strategy for the patient solution. *
* Act as a partner to the other members of the RWE Practice team, PVU Market Access Leaders and various internal stakeholders in affiliates or global functions including but not limited to clinical development, medical affairs, global statistical solutions (GSS), publication managers and marketing.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Minimum 7+ years of hands-on experience in Health Economics-related projects and activities including economic modeling, HTA submissions and reviews in Pharma or Biotech industry, consultancy, University research centre or Health Technology Assessment body (e.g. NICE). *
* Demonstrable track record of performing high quality research (i.e. scientific publications; abstracts, posters, full papers in peer-reviewed clinical and/or economic journals). *
* Knowledge of both US and key international health care systems (UK, Canada, Germany,…) is preferred.
Job Segment: Medical, Neurology, Biotech, Immunology, Biology, Healthcare, Science