Head of TSO PMO
Date: Jun 6, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Site : Braine
Head of Technical & Supply Operations Project Management Office
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we are building the next generation biopharma leader and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented professional who thrive on challenge and change, and who want to make a difference and deliver results. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Help us transform patients' lives. To strengthen our Technical & Supply Operations (TSO), we are looking to fill the position of Head of TSO Project Management Office.
Within the global UCB Technical & Supply Operations organization (TSO), the TSO Project Management Office team is playing a crucial role consolidating project portfolios across our key departments: Development of new chemical and biological entities (Pharma Sciences and BioTech Sciences), Devices, Manufacturing operations, Life Cycle Management and Global Supply Chain, also taking into consideration our key stakeholders such as Quality, Regulatory, Purchasing, Finance.
TSO is driving over 1 Billion€ of resources per year to enable UCBs strategy, constantly going into forward looking transformation and efficiency gains to remain successful.
The primary purpose of the TSO PMO is to advance the TSO Strategy through portfolio delivery, including key deliverables to the PVUs. You will support TSO to execute the strategy by providing a comprehensive view of the TSO portfolio and solutions. You will provide governance and direction in the appropriate processes and direction for Project Management. You will guarantee alignment and consistency as well as facilitate decision making and knowledge acquisition.
You will use robust change management skills to communicate across the TSO organization and ensure key stakeholders are aware and supportive of changes and their benefits.
About the role
The role is structured along the Strategy and around portfolio management as follow:
* Providing the TSO strategic roadmap by understanding how each solution/ project fit into it individually and as a portfolio in order to create a robust project management platform.
* Responsible for providing an oversight across portfolio (mapping full portfolio key triggers points, milestones, risks, accomplishments…) in order to anticipate, advice and plan future actions to guarantee the contribution to the overall strategy and its success
* Managing the TSO dashboard utilizing the right reporting tools, and measuring the impact of actions on a consistent way
* Acting as single point of contact for portfolio planning, budgeting, resources allocation recommendations… and therefore strong project communication, change management, interfaces communication and conflict resolution
You will lead a team of 4-5 individuals (CMC Product Portfolio Managers & Planisware key user) and will work through a concept of communities within TSO (departmental PMO) and within the broader UCB (PM community) reaching a broad range of people to ensure consistency, maximize the opportunities and optimize the use of the right interfaces.
You will need to ensure there is strong communication amongst the project team members and with multiple stakeholders in different functions, ideally managed through a comprehensive communication plan. Effective project communication and managing the culture in line with UCB's values is an essential leadership component of the Head of TSO PMO role in working with cross-functional, diverse teams.
* Coach, Mentor and Guide all relevant TSO leaders to align & progress the TSO strategic roadmap and opportunities towards strong governance principles.
* Manage a team of 4-5 individuals
* Provide governance on the TSO drivers and foundations
* Build the platform to inter-connect the CMC Product & Non product-related projects in order to provide visibility to the organization, provide capacity consolidation in execution (Launch4 Value, country specific projects/local implementation), and provide the CMC backbone to input the Integrated Evidence Planning (IEP).
* Ensure appropriate project strategies are in place to meet the overall goals including clear Project Team work/organization breakdown structure, prioritization and project benefits in a measurable business case with trade-off analysis where appropriate. This includes ongoing strategic alignment and scenario planning.
* Partner with Finance to ensure that the team has critical reviews of budgets, changes are implemented and probabilitization is applied with regards to strategy/project milestones. This includes reallocation of resources between projects to leverage opportunities, critical milestones and scheduling new actions.
* Responsible for progressing on TSO portfolio execution through the different teams. This includes managing project performance. For all projects this includes proactively identifying, troubleshooting and escalating risks and issues as well as realizing the benefits of project-related opportunities. It also includes use of UCB's project processes, reporting and technology such as INTEGRATE, Sharepoint, SAP and SOURCE.
* Setting and monitoring the portfolio quality and performance including reporting tools, monitoring systems, KPIs, feedback-based project reviews and transition management in line with UCB processes and standards.
* Managing the portfolio communication. Identify the key messages, audiences, interfaces, timings and mechanisms for effective communication at all levels including externally to the organization.
* Drive the best in industry practices by contributing with lessons learned, challenges, solutions and involvement in process improvement projects. Train colleagues on Project Management Best practices and processes as needed.
* Develop sustainable framework and best practices that can be leveraged by the enterprise
You see yourself immediately when reading…
* Passionate about complex portfolio management, search for efficiencies and how strong project management can contribute to improving life of patients
* Strong expertise in Project & Portfolio Management and associated tools, preferably with a PMI certification or equivalent.
* Biopharma business understanding in a global environment and the regulations applicable during development, at launch and in geographical expansion.
* Solid understanding of the end-to-end CMC and life cycle management process (and associated disciplines).
* Proven and recognized people leadership skills and passionate about developing a small group of people
* Proven and recognized project leadership skills, including project planning, monitoring, issue resolution, decision making, reporting
* Deepest sense of accountability and responsibility, huge sense of persistence.
* Ability to create a vision and drive to it by leading complex multi-year transformation program
* Focused. Decisive. Ability to help/lead teams and business leaders prioritize ideas, distilling them into strategies and tactics
* Enjoys working with high energy individuals to solve new challenges
* Fluent in English
Why you should apply
Do you want to bring real value to patients living with severe diseases while driving innovation forward?
Join UCB's dynamic, inspiring and innovative environment. You will be recognized for impactful performance via a competitive compensation and benefits package and you will enjoy ample personal development opportunities.
Tell us what makes you the perfect match to our team and join one of the most dynamic & forward-looking Technical & Supply Operations organization in the world.
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system - or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a 'can-do' attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Biotech, ERP, Law, Developer, Technology, Science, Legal