Head of Systems BioPilot
Date: Jul 17, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our BioManufacturing team of the BioPilot Plant, based in our hub in Braine, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of Systems.
Can your approach be described as ethical with a collaborative streak? For UCB, you are an 'ethiborative' person. This extraordinary blend of talent means you thrive in making teamwork a virtue in seeking out improvements for patients.
As a UCB 'ethiborative' person and Head of Systems you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Be responsible of the new Systems Team within the BioPilot Plant, and guarantee the proper interaction between BioPilot and the various internal and external stakeholders ensuring BioPilot operability
* Be involved in the creation of an integrated approach on the Braine site to support all Bio manufacturing activities, both commercial and development.
As a UCB 'ethiborative' person and Head of Systems you will contribute by:
* Team Management
- Leading the Systems team in the BioPilot (consisting of various roles i.e. Systems Manager(s), Equipment Engineer(s), Planner&Scheduler(s) and similar roles)
- Activly managing the stakeholder and service provider network of the BioPilot in a matrix project environment
- Coaching and developing the direct and matrix team members
- Meeting various compliance, HSE and business KPIs and milestones
* Planning & Scheduling
- Owning a BioPilot Planning and Scheduling Tools
- Creating detailed schedules of all supporting & manufacturing activities
- Daily updating the planning according to production/projetcs/service status-quo
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders
* System Management
- Ensuring, in alignement with service and support stakeholders, that BioPilot systems are properly maintained and serviced in order to allow full operability and functionality
- Initiating risk assessments and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Implementing tools and process to monitor and manage performance of all systems in BioPilot
- Driving modifications, improvements and adaptation of systems
* Project Ownership
- Coordinating the support activities for the systems in BioPilot, as well as for projects executed in/impacting BioPilot
* Documentation Management, i.e.
- Creating, Reviewing and updating SOPs and related controlled documents
* Quality Management
- Leading and contributing to assigned tasks related to deviations, investigations, change controls, …
* Continuous Improvements
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvements and lean principles
- Implementing safety culture and zero accident principle
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master's Degree
* Certification : Green Belt / Yellow Belt
* Good people management skills, especially in matrix project management with diverse stakeholders across the organization
* Proven Track Record in Planning & Scheduling, of projects and of manufacturing operations, including PM software and - tools.
* Good quality understanding in GxP-related environment, ideally experience with GMP (bio)pharmaceutical production processes and operations
* Track-record of coordinating and supervising of maintenance, revamping and/or technical improvement interventions
* Ability to understand and master various automation technologies, their functional specifications and architecture
* Experience in interaction with external stakeholders and vendors
* Excellent organizational skills, and ability to work in a formalized and structured environment
* Ability to oversee complex processes, and to create and maintain appropriate structures
* Excellent time management skills, and ability to follow-up on various actions in parallel
* Track-record of successful and effective resource management
* High level of autonomy
* Strong ability to motivate others
* Strong interpersonal- and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and make effective use of available resource
* Ability to apply learnings to other situations
* Fluent in French and English, able to negotiate in both languages
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Engineer, Quality Manager, Pharmaceutical, Project Manager, Engineering, Quality, Science, Technology