Head Safety Data Insights
Date: Apr 13, 2018
Location: Braine L'alleud, BE
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Patient Safety team, based in our UCB Pharma SA Belgium in Slough UK/ Raleigh, NC, /Atlanta, GA/ Braine l'Alleud, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Head Safety Data Insights.
Is your strategic aptitude second only to your analytical faculties? You're an 'analytegic' person at UCB. This very special blend of talent means you are accomplished at plotting a course through deep reflection to improve patients' lives.
As a UCB 'analytegic' person and Head Safety Data Insights you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Be member of a very engaged (global) Patient Safety Leadership team, contributing to the mission of Patient Safety: Protecting patients by enabling and accelerating informed decision making;
* Bring UCB closer to be become a preferred and trusted safety partner for patients, health care professionals and regulators, through focus on the quality of our safety information, combined with best in class signal detection and assessment methods;
* Lead a team of professionals, passionate about protecting patients.
As a UCB 'analytegic' person and Head Safety Data Insights you will contribute by:
* Connect the value of high quality ICSR information with our ability to obtain new safety insights through signal detection
* Fostering innovative safety surveillance activities utilizing up to date techniques to ensure optimal signal detection processes
* Ensuring UCB case processing conventions (including literature screening), safety surveillance processes are of optimal quality and are kept current and compliant with international Pharmacovigilance requirements
* Leadership of ICSR Quality Forum
* Developing sustainable programmes of training for medical reviewers in case processing teams
* Defining quality parameters for case processing vendors
* Monitoring of the medical quality of deliverables from case processing vendors
* Actioning on feedback from stakeholders and vendor deliverables
* Ensuring SDI contribution/comment on Regulatory draft documents
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Master degree and 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience. MD, PharmD, RN, DVM
* Strong knowledge of the global pharmacovigilance (and its relevant regulations) and safety requirements at all stages of product lifecycle.
* Experience with signal detection, safety databases and case processing activities.
* Knowledge of relevant concepts in data management and systems, epidemiology and statistics
* Ability to communicate complex issues in an understandable, effective and relevant manner
* Strong work ethic and Excellent judgment skills
* Demonstration of teamwork approach and willingness to develop subordinates, including delegation of responsibility
* Tolerance for stress and ability to multi-task
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Database, Epidemiology, Medical, Public Health, Pharmacovigilance, Healthcare, Technology