Let's push the boundaries together and make the most of your talents!
Head Med Affairs Funding & Collaboration 1
Anderlecht, Brussels, Belgium
Job Function: Medical Affairs
Job ID: 64668
Head, Medical Affairs Funding & Collaborations
Slough (UK), Raleigh (US) or Brussels HQ (Belgium)
Help us improve patient lives
At UCB, working at the forefront of scientific innovation, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with chronic disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we harness our passion, emerging technologies and blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
UCB is a multinational biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Brussels, Belgium with a revenue of €4.632 billion in 2018. The Company's efforts are focused on research and development of treatments for severe diseases treated by specialists, particularly in the fields of central nervous system (CNS) disorders (including epilepsy) and immunology.
To strengthen our Medical Affairs External Funding, Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS) and Clinical Research Collaborations team, we are looking to fill the position of: Head, Medical Affairs Funding and Collaborations.
The position is reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs and Pharmacovigilance Partnerships and Strategic Outsourcing.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
* Overseeing and providing a clear vision for all activities associated with external funding (grants, sponsorships and donations), IIS and research collaborations according to enable to advancement of science, which includes chairing funding review committee meetings.
* Ensuring established policies enable activities and are in accordance with regulatory requirements
* Overseeing the development of the research collaboration process for UCB (E2E including evaluation, approval, contracting and continued oversight)
* Driving the development of global solutions to improve processes (reduce complexity and increase compliance to ultimately mobilize and integrate science to improve patient lives)
* Overseeing service provider(s) that contribute to the funding and collaboration processes to ensure services are delivered appropriately and meet all established operational metrics
You should have:
* Master's degree or equivalent is required
* Experience (>5 years) with clinical trials and/or as a clinical project manager in an R&D department or Global Medical Affairs role
* Experience (>5 years) working at a Global level in a matrix environment and effectively managing cross-functional teams and strong project management capabilities
* Experience in developing new processes and standards of practice
* In-depth knowledge of research collaborations (key criteria, contracting, etc.), sponsor-investigator written agreements, GxP guidelines
* Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
* Excellent oral and written communication skills - proficient in English
* Good analytical skills and attention to detail
* Strong team orientation and ability to work autonomously in a cross-functional and cultural environment
What We Offer
An opportunity to:
* Be part of a dynamic team interacting and building relationships with a wide array of stakeholders
* Contribute to the development and enhancement of UCB's Medical Affairs Funding, IIS and Research Collaborations processes, systems and standards
* Be part of an environment that encourages personal and professional growth through collaboration, feedback, sharing best practices and lessons learned
* Be proactive with a strong work ethic and ability to develop and coach others
Job Segment: Immunology, Medical, Law, Pharmacovigilance, Healthcare, Legal, Research