Head Engineering and Infrastructure (Offshore Wind)
Belgium, Antwerp, Hoboken, Hoboken - Fabricom
Engineering / Projects
OFF00000179 Requisition #
As a major player in the growing European Offshore Wind Sector, ENGIE Fabricom Offshore Wind Division, located in Hoboken is looking for (m/f) Head of Engineering & Infrastructure. Constantly seeking innovative solutions, we developed the multidisciplinary concept of the Offshore High-Voltage Substation (OHVS) to optimize exporting power generated by a wind farm. Our capacity to take an OHVS project from the initial feed studies through to operation and maintenance and to deliver on-time has greatly contributed to an increasing number of wind farm investors calling on our involvement.
* in the context of the Offshore Services division strategy and within the set framework, as a Head of Engineering & Infrastructure you will plan, organize, lead, coordinate and control:
+ design, engineering & infrastructure teams
+ engineering resources development and management according to the needs and the strategy
* in order to achieve excellence in Construction and Monitoring and Maintenance activities for OHVS installations
* define the business strategy for the department
* simulate and encourage the development of innovative solutions
* lead, coordinate and ensure cohesion between the teams of all reporting sections
* lead the engineering teams and monitor quality, assess input from own engineering teams, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
* organize, lead, coordinate & control centralized engineering pool around key discipline engineers for the LV & Auxiliary scope (mechanical & electrical lead engineers), Automation, 3D design, Transport & Installation.
* implement integrated collaboration processes, systems & tools such as BIM
* secure project objectives for the Fabricom scope through installing efficiency by developing, implementing integrated (engineering) tools, systems, working methods and processes and monitoring their correct use, all this in collaboration with the procurement and construction functions
* provide support towards Construction & Commissioning: definition of procedures, tools & systems to organize the works for the construction of the products to be delivered (resources, tools, quality, H&S,…) - improve efficiency thanks to lessons learned ("learning team")
* you have a university level degree, Master of Science in Engineering
* you have excellent knowledge of engineering, procurement & construction activities optimization - learning organization
* you have an excellent track record related to engineering for offshore applications & circumstances is a clear asset
* communication skills: English & Dutch. Knowledge of French and/or German is definitely an added value
* you are able to manage good relationships with the client and our partners while monitoring ENGIE Fabricom's interests
* leadership capabilities: experience in motivating & supervising engineering teams in an international context
ENGIE Fabricom offers you
Working at ENGIE Fabricom is a challenge that opens up opportunities to participate in exciting projects in various sectors of activity. You will be in contact with on-site personnel and offered training in cutting-edge technologies. You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities, to be performed with a high degree of team spirit and self-sufficiency. Attractive career opportunities are available in line with your profile and your motivation.
Your HR contact person
Annick - 0478 88 63 34
Workplace: Leo Bosschartlaan 1 - 2660 Hoboken
* Posting Date: Jun 5, 2019
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.