Head of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Braine L'alleud, Walloon Brabant, BE
Job Description Scope: Head of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
Department: Quantitative Pharmacology and DMPK, Development Sciences
Location: Braine (Belgium) or Slough (UK)
Our challenge. Your impact.
We aspire to be the Patient Centric global Biopharmaceutical leader, transforming the lives of people with severe diseases and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change, who want to make a difference and deliver results.
Scope: The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in strategically leading a highly experienced drug metabolism small molecule group with expertise in both the discovery and development stages of drug development.
Education: PharmD /PhD or equivalent
As head of the group, he/she is responsible for:
* Leading the initiation and execution of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) aspects of small molecule drug projects across all therapeutic indications Neuroscience and Immunology/Bone, from discovery through life-cycle management.
* Creates the vision for DMPK and designs the long-term global strategy and DMPK operating model.
* Manages a world leading DMPK department globally, ensuring internal and external resources and capabilities are fully engaged and developed.
* Works in collaboration with non-clinical PK-PD and Quantitative clinical pharmacology to ensure a robust quantitative plan is embedded in the DMPK strategy and project thinking.
* Interact with and influence key collaborators/stakeholders and leaders across New Medicines for an overall understanding of the science needed to progress the UCB pipeline
* Manages key external relations for the larger Discovery Technologies team and the company.
* Ultimate decision-making for all issues associated with DMPK aspects of drug projects.
* Creates a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and global, collaborative working
* Assigns resources and budget to all projects on a global basis. Ensures departmental performance in terms of quality clinical candidate delivery.
* Accountable for cutting-edge infra-structure including laboratories, automation and robotics, design tools, electronic lab note-books and collaborative IT tools.
* Initiates and leads external collaborations with major external scientific collaborators. Creates a climate of externalization and external innovation.
* Resolves highly complex business and scientific problems through excellent scientific judgment and broad research, development and commercial knowledge.
* Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
* Chairs the DMPK project representative review team
* A key member of the QPDM leadership team.
Job Segment: Neurology, Immunology, R&D, Healthcare, Research