Head of Bone Northern Europe
Date: Dec 4, 2018
Location: Anderlecht, Brussels, BE
TA Head Bone Northern Europe
Bone Patient Value Unit
December 04, 2018 * Location: Belgium, The Netherlands or Denmark
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Bone PVU (Patient Value Unit), based in our headquarters in Belgium, or our affiliates in The Netherlands or Denmark, we are looking to fill the position of: TA Head Bone Northern Europe.
Do you have the spirit of an entrepreneur that is curious? For UCB, you are an 'entreprecurious' person. This specific blend of talent means you are apt at applying ambition to an inquisitive nature for the good of patients.
As a UCB 'entreprecurious' person and TA Head Bone Northern Europe you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Lead the Bone PVU, Northern Europe, in ensuring clear vision, strategy and accountabilities, seeking simplicity from complexity, in delivering on aligned cross-functional plans
* As the Head of the Bone Patient Value Unit (PVU) Northern Europe play a key role in the evolution of UCB's strategy (both Patients and Provider Stakeholders) from a product, patient value and provider perspective, as well as from an innovation perspective.
* Drive and shape the launch of an exciting new specialist medicine in the Osteoporosis therapy area, building necessary capabilities and implementation.
As a UCB 'entreprecurious' person and TA Head Bone Northern Europe you will contribute by:
* Be part of achieving key patient adoption and sales targets for UCB's key product within the Bone market in Northern Europe (consisting of Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Sweden, Denmark, Finland & Norway) and identifying and supporting innovative solutions for better care of patients having suffered fragility fractures associates with osteoporosis
* Building a talented Bone Team in Northern Europe - Recruit, retain and develop highly talented people to secure UCB's success, provide leadership to all within the team to accomplish business objectives by fully living the vision and mission.
* Promote engagement and coordination across all team members, working in a matrix environment encompassing both UCB and partner team members, including alignment as appropriate with all stakeholders involved, including the relationship with or commercial partner company
* Having full P&L responsibility and therefore being the one of the key factors for delivering value for Patients in Northern Europe
* Be a key member of the European Bone PVU commercial leadership team, in identifying and sharing best practice across all EU territories.
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Significant pharmaceutical industry experience. with a proven track-record in working in a Specialty market ideally with Biologics
* Proven leadership abilities in launching new products and driving efficiency in a complex healthcare system.
* Experience of having worked in more than a single market, ideally at regional level and with equally profound knowledge of the Benelux as well as the Northern European markets
* Broad background with expertise within sales and marketing, and good understanding of market access, public policy, as well as Medical
* Innovative leader with strong, demonstrated leadership skills (having an innate ability to lead a diverse and talented team of individuals towards a shared vision - focused on meeting the needs of our customers).
* Ability to drive and engage within a matrix environment setting an example on how to be a good collaborator as well as influencer
* Being experienced working within a Partnership model would be a plus
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Public Policy, Healthcare, Science, Legal