Head of Biotech Digital Sciences
Date: Mar 8, 2018
Location: Braine L'alleud, BE
Head of Biotech Digital Sciences
Biotech Sciences -UCB's CMC Development Organization for Biologics
Location: Belgium, or the UK
Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Biotech Sciences department, based in our R&D Sites in Belgium, or the UK, we are looking to fill the position of: Head of Biotech Digital Sciences .
Do you have the spirit of an entrepreneur that is curious? For UCB, you are an 'entreprecurious' person. This specific blend of talent means you are apt at applying ambition to an inquisitive nature for the good of patients.
As a UCB 'entreprecurious' person and Head of Biotech Digital Sciences you like to work in an environment where you can:
* Create a vision of our electronic and automation systems in line with industry 4.0 principles
* Lead and foster the digital culture within Biologics CMC development and be a global business owner for all bio CMC development digital topics while growing with the role in a new field
* Create innovative solutions in collaboration with IT, Automation, Knowledge Management and Engineering
As a UCB 'entreprecurious' person and Head of Biotech Digital Sciences you will contribute by:
* Developing an integrated digitalization roadmap for all BTS encompassing both electronic and automation and knowledge management strategy
* Participating with IT, Automation and Engineering to the set-up of the overall system architecture (practice of ISA-95 principles, interconnectivity and interdependency between systems and software
* Interacting, prioritizing and coordinating digitalization efforts of biotech development with Technical Operations, Quality Assurance, IT, Automation, Engineering and vendors (e.g. Equipment & Lab devices mainly)
* Creating and Managing the digital transformation core team (reporting directly to you) as well as extended team (in a matrix environment): project managers, domain engineers, global and local key users
Interested? For this position you'll need the following education, experience and skills:
* Minimum of a Master's Degree in BioEngineering or Bio Sciences with a strong Computer Science acumen OR Computer Science with a strong affinity toward bioprocessing. Emphasis in business process and business solution architecture, data & process flow modelling would be preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in working in regulated industries, preferably the pharmaceutical industry (eg SOX, GxP/CSV, E-compliance, Records Management, IP)
* Demonstrated success in leading complex cross-functional projects with an experience preferred in digital transformation and excellent change agent
* Proven track record of enhancing overall efficiency of business process through Lean Six Sigma and digitalization
* Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation, Robotics, Advanced Statistics and their impact on business process
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
© 2016, UCB Biopharma SPRL.
All rights reserved.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers.
Job Segment: Biotech, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Engineer, Lean Six Sigma, Science, Engineering, Management