The Medical Device Capability Harmonization & Innovation Leader (CHI) is responsible to develop and execute a multi-year strategy on process harmonization across the 5 plan processes, on talent development and on innovation within plan, in alignment with the enterprise functions. He / she ensures capabilities meet the needs of the Regions / Sector by identifying appropriate internal and external standard methodologies. This strategy will ensure increased effectiveness and efficiency of the plan processes as well as cross-process alignment in line with the MD blueprints.
In addition, the leader will ensure plan-led end-to-end projects (such as ETH/CSS MV) are executed flawlessly and will take responsibility to form and lead one integrated team, co-located at the core planning locations. The leader will work closely aligned with the Enterprise Planning Excellence team, the Digital team and the Global Planning Process Leaders to realize full potential of this new organization.
The leader will drive operational efficiencies and initiate transformational projects when needed. He / she will successfully guide the organization through these changes while ensuring effective execution of the current processes.
* Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to deploy process harmonization across the five core planning processes and to ensure continued E2E alignment.
* Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for plan talent development and training.
* Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to deploy new technologies that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of plan process execution.
* Build and develop one integrated, high performing Medical Device CHI team.
* Lead benchmarking, evaluation and implementation of best practices.
Capability development - Operational effectiveness:
* Drive process harmonization across the five core planning processes across franchises / regions as defined by EPEx / plan transformation blueprint.
* Act as the integration point towards the individual Global Process Leads.
* Development and maintenance of supply chain planning training curricula and people development strategies.
* Creation of state-of-the-art training methods and materials.
* Support for development of MD Planning talent
* Drive pilots/proofs of concept for the next generation of advanced technologies.
* Link to EPEx and Digital functions for proven and emergent capabilities, tools, etc
* Partner with Technology Solutions to develop business solutions that meet business needs.
* Application of advanced analytics and machine-learning to complex problems to increase process effectiveness and efficiency.
* Development of innovative solutions for deployment by global process leaders.
* Ensure adoption of new capabilities by the business partners.
* Ensure flawless execution of E2E plan led projects not integrated in functional groups, such as ETH/CSS Multi-variant program.
* Sponsor, support and deploy new plan led E2E initiatives designed to improve our current capabilities.
* Ensure full alignment on TS architecture for consistency in analysis, investigation, implementation and standard methodology sharing.
* Tracking of process adherence (auditing and process confirmations).
* Lead and develop the global team.
* Bachelor's Degree required with preference in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or equivalent/Advanced degree/MBA preferred.
* PMP, FPX SME, lean / 6S Black Belt or equivalent certifications preferred.
* APICS certification (CPIM, CFPIM or CIRM) preferred.
* Other certifications in areas of expertise desirable.
* Minimum Ten (10) years of meaningful experience required.
* Minimum Five (5) years of people management & development required.
* Experience successfully implementing change across multiple organizations with cross functional partners required.
* Experience managing and working with a multi-regional and multi-functional team in a highly matrix environment is required.
* Project and Program management experience required.
* Experience with digital platforms / advanced technologies (Alteryx, E2Open, R, Machine learning, AI, RPA,…) is required.
* Professional experience in Plan with an excellent understanding of E2E processes.
* Experience working in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Consumer Products industry.
Knowledge, Skills and capabilities:
* Critical thinking - ability to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy that realizes functional and company goals.
* Ability to coach and develop accountable, diverse and global leaders.
* Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbal is helpful.
* Self-awareness and flexibility: has emotional intelligence to effectively seek the different situations of the day. Demonstrates flexibility before changes to achieve objectives.
* Strong communication with the ability to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels in the organization in both written and oral forms.
* Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of standard methodologies and benchmarks.
* Ability to effectively lead projects, multiple priorities and timelines.
* Big Picture/Attention to Detail - align strategic and tactical goals.
* Dedicated, can do attitude. Self-starter with the ability to forge teamwork across all levels within the enterprise.
* High level of personal initiative, ability to function autonomously.
* Proficient with using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint) is required
* Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency - ability to work towards tight timelines.
Location of Role: Zuchwil, Brussels, Bridgewater, Cork or other key MD plan locations.
Language Requirements: English
Travel Requirements: this position may require an average 25% of travel
European Logistics Center (8785)