H2 Proposal Engineer
The John Cockerill Group develops large-scale technological solutions to meet the needs of the times: preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, producing sustainably, combating insecurity and facilitating access to renewable energy. Its offer to companies, states and local authorities takes the form of services and associated equipment for the energy, defence, industry, environment, transport and infrastructure sectors.
Driven since 1817 by the entrepreneurial spirit and thirst for innovation of its founder, the Group's 6,000 employees have enabled it to achieve a turnover of 1.3 billion euros in 2018 in 23 countries on 5 continents.
John Cockerill group manufacture and supply water electrolysis equipment for Hydrogen production. John Cockerill elaborates integrated solutions including electrical feed from HT network, water treatment, H2 compressor and storage, Hydrogen Refueling station.
John Cockerill offer ranges from equipment supply to EPC turn-key solution for Industry, Power sector or Mobility.
To support the development of its Hydrogen Business Line in Belgium, John Cockerill is looking for a Proposal Engineer (m/f)
The development of bids for Hydrogen projects is handled jointly by a team consisting of:
- a sales manager, in charge of commercial aspects
- a proposal engineer, in charge of the technical aspects
The Proposal Engineer ensures:
• The elaboration of a proposal project in its technical aspect from the receipt of the invitation to tender until the contract is awarded:
- Analysis of the technical specifications of the tender and highlighting relevant information to define equipment (scope of supply, capacity, performance, specific requirements, environmental conditions, general arrangement, ...) and services (Studies, installation, start-up , training, …)
- Create innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Coordination with the internal experts (electrical, mechanical, thermal, process, instrumentation, quality control ...), external equipment supplier and project partners
- Establish cost of the solution based on internal engineering, supplier bids, plant PID and General Arrangement
- Preparation of the technical offer:
- Definition of the scope of supplies and services
- Technical specification of the equipment included in the offer
- Verification of overall layout and Process PID
- Definition of the Performance and guarantee
- Definition of clarifications and technical deviations to the call for tender
- Update of the technical offer and follow-up of the modifications of the estimate according to the contacts and clarification meetings with the subcontractors, partners and customers
- Identify and manage the risks and opportunities associated to the proposal project, define mitigation and avoidance strategy
- Negotiation with the client for the preparation of the technical documents of the final contract
• Promoting the CMI Group to any potential customer, and promoting your projects to employees, customers and internal suppliers;
• An expertise role in your field towards other projects of the entity or the Group;
• A product / market watch role for any development likely to bring added value to the Group (field feedback, customers, prospects ...)
• You have an engineering background
• You have experience in capital projects, if possible in the energy market
• You have experience in Hydrogen market, gas network application or Ammonia production
• You have a strong and autonomous personality, an entrepreneurial mind and a desire to win
• You feel comfortable in contacts and international relations
• You master MS Office
• You are fluent in both French and English
• You are available for temporary short term assignments abroad
We offer you a career in a dynamic and ambitious group, aware of the value of its first resource, its employees! This opportunity is an entry point to a future that it will be up to you to create in our mutual interest!
Join us and apply via our website https://johncockerill.com/fr/jobs/
Interested in a career with the John Cockerill Group?
Discover our opportunities in detail on www.johncockerill.com