Group Treasury Junior Portfolio Manager Go to Legal Follow us
Group Treasury Junior Portfolio Manager
Employee | Accounting / Finance | Professional | Brussels | 2019-10-17 | 057691
Junior Portfolio Manager Investments
Your role & work environment
ING Group Treasury Investments is looking to hire a Junior Investment Portfolio Manager who will be based in the trading room of ING Belgium. As Junior IP Manager you will be expected to help manage the High Quality Liquid Asset (HQLA) portfolio for ING Belgium as well as nd manage the trade execution for GT European units with respect to Covered Bonds and ABS.
You will be part of the Global GT team and you will closely co-operate with the Heads of the Asset Classes and Analysts to make sure the our portfolio is aligned with GT'sour global objectives. You will be in continuous contact with risk and finance for oversight and control.
Your key responsibilities
As an IP Manager you will be part of a team that selects, buys and sells investments that make sure ING Belgium has an HQLA portfolio that fulfils the regulatory requirements locally as well as globally, while maximizing return, Return on Capital (ROC) and while staying within risk appetite of the group.
Our execution mandate requires you to be up to date on all financial market news that could impact our positions. You will create solid relationships with our market counterparties the street in order to facilitate effective execution and access to the market.
A non-negligible part of the job consists of operational management of the portfolio to make sure the positions are booked, funded and all Interest rate and basis risks have been removed from the portfolio. As such you will have to find your way through the maze of books and systems that are setup f For this you will need to have and build a solid understanding of fixed income technicalities, our book structure and systems..
You will be involved in projects related to the ING Belgium Think Forward Strategy.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo, are eager to propose creative solutions to problems. and you are internationally mobile.
As a Junior Portfolio Manager you will also need:
* ¥ Knowledge and ideally 2-3y experience in financial markets and Fixed Income Markets.
* ¥ Extensive knowledge of Excel is necessary. Knowledge of Summit, Murex, Bloomberg is a plus.
* ¥ Education as an engineer, econometrics or economics will be an advantage.
* ¥ Your English must be impeccable and you must have a very good knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
* ¥ Very keen to learn and develop in a continuously and rapidly changing environment
* ¥ Able to cope with stress and large workload
* ¥ Able to quickly react and adapt to new info
* ¥ Strong problem solving skills
* ¥ High sense of priority setting
* ¥ You are internationally mobile
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
* ¥ Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
* ¥ An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
* ¥ A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
* ¥ Full time position (37h/week)
* ¥ Work location, Brussels Marnix
Furthermore, within the Group Treasury department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and Patrick Van der Borght professional growth.