Graduate Engineer - Powertrain Eletrification Research
Job ID 2020-2635 Business Area R&D Country BE City Brussel (Zaventem)
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
For TME Graduate positions we are targeting recent University Graduates (less than 18 months of experience excluding internships)
We offer :
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have a Master Degree, or higher, in Electrical Engineering or related field
• You have experience with Matlab/Simulink, SPICE and related. Experience in Ansys, Altair, FEMM or others is a plus.
• You have preferably experience with FEA/FEM and computing and/or reduction of large models
• You have preferably experience with optimisation approaches to dimension power converters against performance requirements
• You understand powertrain and electrical systems, what makes a car perform
• You have a keen interest in automotive industry, powertrain technology and strategy
• You can demonstrate creative thinking to solve complex issues / problems
• You can work autonomously and, of course, as a team player
• You are available for business travel (generally short travel to supplier visits, conferences, industry association meetings, research institutes, etc)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have a creative mind and passion for cars and future mobility
• have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities
You will be responsible for researching and developing future electric powertrain technologies in the highly competitive European market to make sure Toyota develops the right powertrain at the right time. Among other things, you will research, identify and define technology trends and realize pre-development using internal and external resources such as industry associations, research institutes and suppliers.
You will be working within our Advanced Powertrain department and your responsibilities will cover:
• Research of future power converter technologies by means of conferences, participation to industry groups, technology shows, research papers, regulations, supplier meetings and own research
• Research power converter topologies, estimate performance such as efficiency, cooling requirements, volume and measure performance of actual power converter as component and/or integrated in the vehicle powertrain
• Research EMC-related simulation, design and measurement technologies in Europe to identify trends and future technologies. Propose new approaches and technologies for future electrified powertrain development
• Develop processes and tools to predict vehicle level EMC resulting from the electrical powertrain components operation using advanced simulation tools, modelling techniques and high performance computing
• Measure powertrain and vehicle level EMC using own anechoic chamber as well as external resources
• Realize research and predevelopment programs in the area of power electronics and EMC
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute directly to the advanced European powertrain R&D and Toyota’s global powertrain strategy. You will have to be able to cover a wide area of powertrain and vehicle technologies, including advanced electrified powertrain topologies (HEV, BEV, PHEV, FCEV), and have the opportunity to prepare and realize innovative powertrain technologies. You will not be alone and an open mind, challenging spirit and perseverance will help you bring researchers, designers, planners and decision-makers across our global operations aligned to make sure Toyota continues to provide the right powertrain at the right time.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? for general consideration.