Global Mobility Compensation Consultant (1900007W)
Deloitte is one of the leading companies in the world providing Accounting and Auditing services, Management Consulting and Tax and Legal advice. In Belgium, we are the largest professional services provider. Our national offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies.
Within the Tax and Legal business unit, the focus of our Global Employer Services (GES) department is to provide advice on reward and compensation and benefits to our Belgian and international clients. This includes advice on reward strategy, tax, social security and international mobility (international assignment/HR services). We assist our clients in streamlining their HR, Mobility and Rewards programs, while managing tax effectiveness, compliance and employment costs, both in a global and domestic context.
Our Global Mobility Compensation (GMC) team, based in Brussels, partners with clients to deliver services covering all aspects of assignment compensation. Such services can be tailored to provide full or partial support of the international assignment lifecycle from a compensation perspective. In addition to the compensation services, our team focusses on the analysis of client's Mobility technology programs and advises on current market technologies that could best support client's Mobility programs, creating efficient, robust and streamlined processes.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking to recruit an Junior Consultant.
* You will be responsible for the day-to-day deliverables of your clients, which includes preparation of balance sheets, payroll instructions and cost projections, taking into account global implications that you will learn on your day-to-day role.
You will be committed to delivering work in-line with agreed timelines and budget with your clients.
* You will support the engagement team in providing excellent client service.
* You will establish a progressive working relationship with the client, allowing you to grow into a trusted advisor role with your clients.
* You will gain hands on experience in Deloitte's technology systems.
* You will analyse client's processes and advise on process improvements through technology implementation (e.g. software implementation, (quick) wins through automation etc.)
* You will participate in ad-hoc, as well as service-wide trainings to solidify your growing technical, as well as soft skills.
* You have a university degree or the equivalent by experience.
* Excellent numeracy and communication skills.
* Fluent in English.
* Good knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft tools.
* You would like to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural work environment.
* You are flexible, mature and highly client-focused.
* You are detail oriented and able to review work prepared by other team members and identify errors before the work is sent to your manager/ clients.
* Your communication skills enable you to participate in standard operational meetings with your clients.
* You have the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and have good organisation skills.
* You work well within a team but are also self-motivated to drive activities through to completion.
* You strive to find solutions to your clients' problems.
* You are focused on implementing best practice process through identification of gaps and leveraging technology.
* You will foster an environment of constant learning and development for yourself and those you work with.
* A first-hand HR or IHR experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
* A challenging, innovating and flexible work environment.
* An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
* A dynamic work atmosphere with a focus on learning and personal development.
: Global Employer Services