Global Engineering Capital Investments Project Manager
As Global Engineering Capital Investments Project Manager (Ge CI PM), you lead, manage, control, monitor, drive, execute, deliver and build a continuous robust Capex plan for an operation portfolio.
You lead the project delivery process for medium and large-sized projects i.e. 30 up to 100M£ - from construction phase to hand-over and close-out to ensure an outcome which meets all the defined project objectives or Safety, Quality, Schedule and environment and delivers the business benefits.
This process relates to design, procurement, construction, qualification, hand-over and close-out of new and or upgraded production, offices, warehouse, labs facilities.
You work on Secondary QC projects on a global scale.
In this role you,
Have the overall accountability of a medium-sized portfolio of projects in Belgium Sites
Define and manage the project budgets and schedules. You manage the process of assigned projects business cases preparation and present projects to the Belgium Capital Review and Manufacturing Infrastructure Investment Board
Design your project organization structure & drive project teams’ capacity management
Drive within your projects the Project Execution Plan Process, documenting the project delivery strategy and the success criteria according the Project Management Standard. You establish a Quality Plan for the project and are proactive in planning for quality.
Prepare monthly progress reports for the project portfolio according to the Project Management Standard. You keep the steering Groups and Projects/Business Sponsors informed of critical issues and risks that could jeopardize projects success
Develop a risk management strategy for the projects and the portfolio you are in charge and implement associated process and tools to ensure effective identification, monitoring and management of project risks.
Use proven selection processes to develop the appropriate contract strategy for the project. You select and manage external partners (contractors, suppliers, Engineering offices) and settle any claims in accordance with company Policy
Implement strict project and financial controls, including procedures for change control / management, cost control / forecasting, physical progress / productivity measurement, and invoice review / payment.
Ensure that the overall commissioning, validation & hand over strategy that fully complies with the Project Management Standards and implement to ensure a timely and complete handover to the final user
Support and influence Business Unit (MPU/SPU) Heads and related Technical Heads in the management of the overall Capex Plan
Lead and motivate empowered teams where decisions are taken at the lowest practical level to achieve individual and company objectives. You adopt performance management and accountability processes to drive project delivery, ensuring visible targets to all team members
Ensure all people working on your projects remain safe and you anticipate future safe use
Recruit, train and motivate staff to ensure skills set meets current and future business demands providing technical coaching and training plans as required
Ensure the retention, engagement and development of key talents within project team.
We expect that:
1. All risks related to activities are assessed, necessary preventive measures are implemented, and people have the necessary skills and medical aptitude.
- Permit To Work (PTW) are issued on the location of the work with the right quality, required method statements and risk assessments including strict compliance and adequate monitoring of Lock-Out Tag Out (LOTO).
2. All contractors and subcontractors selected have the right skills and safety capabilities. They follow the best safety practices and their personal have the right safety qualifications.
3. Construction activities are controlled and inspected with the right frequency and with a special focus on respect of coactivity management in a safe construction site. Feedback is given timely for any gaps or improvements and their implementation.
4. Effective Incident investigations are performed with a sense of urgency to identify root cause and remediation/(transversal) actions are implemented with necessary diligence.
5. Emergency responses are identified, assessed, controlled and reviewed to all appropriate situations.
As leader, you are an EHS role model, you ‘walk the talk’. You make frequent GEMBA on site to recognize and reward good EHS behavior, correct.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals (must-have):
You hold a Master’s degree level in Engineering i.e. Civil or Biochemistry
You demonstrate minimum 3 years of successful experience in managing medium to large-sized CAPEX projects in the healthcare, chemical, oil & gas or nuclear industry
Exposure to indirect team leading i.e. 3rd party management
You are PMI certified
You have a broad knowledge of Project Management and technologies processes
Strong EHS awareness
Leadership skills: impact, influence, negotiation, communication, team engagement
You are fluent in French with a very good command of English (both written and spoken)
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus (nice to have):
Strong influencing skills
Excellent presentation skills
Able to make complex and difficult decisions