GEB-Senior Structural Engineer Calculations
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001320 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel is looking for a :
Senior Structural Engineer Calculations
You will join the department « Nuclear » of the Competence Centre « Structural Engineering », part of the product line Buildings & Complex Structures. The department « Nuclear » has teams in Brussels and the nuclear power plants of Tihange and Doel. You will belong to the team in Brussels.
The daily tasks in Brussels cover a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from newbuilt projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator. From a technical point of view, you will work with a broad range of disciplines. You will manage the interface between Client, Operator and the team in Brussels.
* You oversee the design and calculations of nuclear related structures and building subjected to internal and external hazards;
* You perform structural analyses using FEM codes;
* You participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident…
* You participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor;
* You participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender;
* You work in a team of about 15 engineers, in close interaction with Senior Engineers.
* You are a Civil Engineer with several years of experience (Senior profile) in structural analysis and design;
* You are familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …);
* You can predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
* You are experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SAMCEF, SCIA, ..) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis ;
* A strong background in seismic assessment of seismic category 1 structures and other structures including soil-structure interaction aspects is an asset;
* Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset;
* Knowledge in concrete aging mechanisms is an asset;
* You are interested to become a high-level expert in this topic;
* You are fluent in English and French or Dutch.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact email@example.com for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.