GEB-Product Manager Ports & Waterways
Belgium, Flanders , East Flanders
Belgium, Flanders , West Flanders
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001107 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
"Ports and Waterways" is one of the product lines of Tractebel, specialized in port engineering and waterway infrastructure, with projects all over the world. The available technical competence within our team covers the complete range of marine infrastructure: quay walls, locks, jetties, dikes, off shore wind foundations, bridges, tunnels, flood protections, master planning, port expansion, etc. Our team develops projects from feasibility, over conceptual and detailed design through owner's engineering, in close collaboration with our national and international clients.
Tractebel has a very long track record regarding design and construction of ports and waterways, as for example the conceptual design and technical assistance of the third set of locks of the Panama canal, detailed design of the caisson wall of the Piraeus container terminal in Greece, design of 2^nd jetty of the Fluxys LNG terminal in the Port of Zeebruges in Belgium, master plan to improve sea access to the port of Zeebruges, design and assistance during construction of the stabilisation of the existing quay wall of the river Scheldt in the city of Antwerp, detailed design of a rolling bascule bridge in the port of Antwerp, conceptual design of foundations of many offshore wind farms in Belgium and abroad, etc.
To tackle the exciting challenges that lie ahead, we will strengthen our team in Ghent and Ostend and are looking for dynamic and motivated people with a desire to grow (m/f) :
Product Manager Ports & Waterways
* You lead, motivate, coach and manage a team of project managers, project engineers and draftsmen, in charge of the execution of our projects;
* You are responsible for the follow-up of progress, quality, and financial performance of the projects executed by your team. You ensure systematic follow-up of projects portfolio, by watching over customer satisfaction and foreseeing deteriorations in financial performance;
* You assign project managers, project engineers and draftsman for new projects, keep track of workload of your team members and identify recruitment needs of the team;
* You assign technical bid managers that will assist the sales team in establishing attractive and innovating offers;
* As a member of the management team of the Ports&Waterways product line, you develop the strategy to grow our business and develop our technical expertise. You coordinate for the development of the strategy with other stakeholders within Tractebel as for example Tractebel India and our affiliate IMDC;
* You watch over development of competences (technical, project management skills…) within the product and over the development of employees and their career, in particular Talents and Experts, in good collaboration with HR;
* You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way. You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved. You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality.
* You are a qualified Master of Science in Civil Engineering;
* You have at least 10 years of experience with water bound infrastructure projects and with designing different types of infrastructure;
* You have experience in project management with delivering a high quality product within time and budget;
* You are a people manager, able to lead, motivate and inspire your team;
* You have excellent communication skills;
* You are quality driven and operate in a customer-focused way;
* You are a team player; dynamic, precise and creative;
* You are mobile and open to short missions abroad for our international development and international projects;
* A thorough knowledge of English is essential and good knowledge of Dutch is an important asset.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact email@example.com for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.