GEB-Lead Tank Engineer
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001264 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel seeks for its projects a :
Lead Tank Engineer
* is assigned to Refrigerated Liquid Gas (RLG) tank discipline to manage compliance to contractual requirements, duly execution of the discipline activities within the time frame and within allocated budget;
* Investigates requirements; manages the design work by technical specialists; generates and (co)approves engineering documents (specifications, drawings, instructions…) and ensure their quality;
* Ensures that all deliverables established relating to the discipline are respected.
Construction (Depending on the project assignment type)
* Back office Assignment
* Review documentation prepared by the Contractor(s), subcontractors and/or vendors;
* Prepare Technical Guidelines/ Work Instruction as required;
* Provide remote technical support to the site supervisors contractors and resolve all related technical issues.
* Potentially act as RLG tank site engineer;
* Guide the Contractors works;
* Inspect (sub)contractor's work for safety, environmental, technical and quality compliance. Ensure every scope of work and activities are in compliance with Design, Relevant Code, Local Regulation, Quality and Company/Owner Safety procedure.
Providing support to pre-commissioning and commissioning as required.
* During Tender preparation process, provide support to the Technical Bid manager and Commercial Proposal Manager in order to develop a winning proposal for the project. (RFP analyse, scope of works,ressources, methodology, etc);
* Support Business Development in developing new services proposal.
Knowledge management responsibilities
* Is an acknowledged authority for the RLG tank discipline;
* Ensures that Tractebel stays up to date with external technical developments;
* Maintain return of experience tracking about the issues that may arise during construction of such tanks (REX);
* Maintains technical contacts with actual and potential vendors/partners;
* Develop and Maintain knowledge of International Codes and Standards, and possibly participate to international normative committees, for designing LNG facilities and RLG Storage Tanks.
* Reports to a Project Manager, or possibly a Project Engineer;
* Responds hierarchically to the Section Head.
* Mechanical or Structural/Civil Engineering Master degree;
* On Site Construction experience with RLG Tanks;
* Deep knowledge of concept , philosophies, applicable codes and standards, and design of RLG storage tanks;
* General knowledge of International Civil Works Codes and Standards, construction methodologies, Foundation systems, NDT, Materials, Safety;
* General knowledge about LNG terminals.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact email@example.com for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.