GEB-Lead Civil Engineer
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001416 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel seeks a
LEAD CIVIL ENGINEER
Tractebel is an engineering office that is well known in the fields of infrastructure and energy and enjoys an important position in Belgium. The Geographical Entity Belgium is currently seeking a LEAD ENGINEER - CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING for its team, based at its offices in Brussels. The team is involved in a wide range of different projects, in cooperation with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE Group, both in Belgium and internationally.
* You lead, motivate, coach and manage a small project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers and draftsmen for your projects.
* You are responsible for ensuring that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required. You will make sure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules.
* You report progress for all your projects on a weekly basis.
* You participate in the structural design of your projects.
* You enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved.
* You respond to the wishes and needs of the client.
* You prepare and submit offers and contracts.
* You aim for sustainable and efficient solutions.
* You keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues.
* You work together with colleagues, external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive way.
* You have an international mindset and collaborate with our offices abroad for certain engineering tasks and take the necessary actions to guarantee the required quality.
* As lead engineer you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision where applicable.
* You are a qualified Engineer-Architect or Civil/Structural Engineer holding a Master's degree as a minimum;
* You have at least 10 years of relevant technical experience with structural engineering projects in designing different types of concrete and steel structures;
* You were involved in all aspects and phases of your projects: competition, design, studies, tender, execution, management,…);
* Expertise in modeling with SCIA Engineer, Buildsoft, ..or equivalent packages;
* Knowledge of the international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as the American standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), ...;
* You are able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading;
* Experienced in finite and structural finite element codes (such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, NASTRAN, SAMCEF, SCIA, ..) for static or dynamic loads, for linear or nonlinear analysis;
* You have a solid experience in seismic evaluation of seismic structures;
* The knowledge of the concrete mechanisms of ageing is an asset,
* You have good communication skills.
* You are a team player.
* You are client-oriented and flexible.
* French is your mother tongue and you have a good knowledge of Dutch and English;
* You are willing to make international trips for our international collaboration and international projects in mutual agreement.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please email@example.com for any further information.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.