GEB-Civil Engineer for management of ageing & rehabilitation of concrete structures
Engineering / Projects
TRA00001322 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
At the helm of the Energy Transition, TRACTEBEL provides a full range of services throughout the life cycle of its clients' projects. As one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies and with more than 150 years of experience, we are able to offer our customers multidisciplinary solutions in energy, water and infrastructure. Our broad range of expertise extends across Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America, allowing us to rise to our clients' most demanding challenges with the same high-quality engineering and consulting services no matter where their projects are.
Tractebel seeks a
Civil Engineer for management of ageing & rehabilitation of concrete structures
You will work in the Nuclear Department at the Structural Engineering Competence Centre in the Buildings & Complex Structures product line. The Nuclear Department has teams in Brussels, Tihange and Doel. You will be part of the Tihange team.
For power generating nuclear installations, you are in charge of the civil engineering activities related to the establishment and management of the programs related to the ageing of structures. You are based in Brussels or Namur with regular travels to the power plant of Tihange.
Your role will address mainly the following tasks :
* Set up of ageing management programs dedicated to specific buildings and structures according to a regulated frame to be specifically applied and developed, including recommendations for follow-up and/or repairs.
* Establishing diagnosis of concrete structures based on tests and analyses that you have proposed.
* Set up specifications for the repair of damaged structures, prepare tenders, compare tenders including assistance to negotiations.
* Contractual management for the required repairs (claims from contractors, proposals from contractors on technical issues related to design changes and work methods, quality control);
* Coordinating the civil activities and managing the interfaces with other disciplines (mechanical, electrical, scheduling)
* Engineer with sound practical knowledge of design/construction and transformation of concrete structures at industrial installations
* You have an experience of several years in various civil fields (design, follow-up, foundations, concrete, steel structure)
* Interested in the energy sector and in high-level expertise, previous experience within the nuclear industry is a plus
* Interested in computer tools
* You are Multilingua: French, Dutch & English
* You are dynamic, methodical, creative and you can easily integrate into a team
* You communicate clearly and openly
* You listen to customers, demonstrate a critical analysis in your approach and like to take initiatives
* You are curious and willing to acquire new knowledge and you are able to share your knowledge
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please email@example.com for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.