French Java/JEE IS Architect (AA, 2197, L2)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for an Application Architect with at least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Nature of the tasks
Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
* Architecture and design of information systems
* Review of the architecture of existing systems
* Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
* Analysis of the integration of different information systems
* Data analysis and data modelling
* Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
* Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
* Production of software architecture documents
* Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
* Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* Excellent knowledge of applications design
* Excellent knowledge of and proven experience with:
* Java/JEE: JDK 1.6, EJB 2 & 3, JMS, JPA, Hibernate, JSP, JDBC, Ajax
* Frameworks: Struts 1, Spring MVC
* Build tool: Ant
* CLM tool: RTC and Jira
* Testing: JUnit
* IDE: Eclipse
* Application server: WebLogic 12
* Database: Oracle 11g and SQL (PL/SQL is an asset)
* Methodologies: RUP, Agile
* Good redaction skills
* Ability to give technical presentations
* Ability to apply high quality standards
* Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following nontechnical skills:
* Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
* Ability to understand, speak and write French and English (B2 level)
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project
* The work will be carried on the Commission's premises in Brussels.
* The methodology used for development is based on Standard RUP@EC, Agile RUP@EC, PM2 (PM Square) or BPM@EC.
* The tool used for database design is Oracle Designer.
* The technical environment is based on Oracle 11g and Weblogic 12.
* Eclipse is used as Java development environment.
* RTC or JIRA is used for source control and activity tracking.
* RFT and Selenium are used for functional testing
* Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox are the web browsers.
* TOAD or SQL Developer is used as development utility for Oracle.
* All documents must be written in MS Word 2010.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference serco/TP/29428/3069
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 09 November, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address