French Angular 4.x, Oracle Admin (TEX, 1756, L5)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Technology Expert with at least 13 years of relevant work experience.
Nature of the tasks
Non-exhaustive list of the tasks to be carried out:
* Provision of expert advice and assistance, technology watch, evaluation studies, architectural considerations, applicable standards, solution patterns and best practices in a specific area of ICT infrastructure technology ( e.g. database management systems, Java Enterprise technology, enterprise & web content management, XML, portals, business process management and rule execution engines, interoperability, business activity monitoring and business intelligence technologies, Web 2.0, .Net technology, application life cycle management, test driven development , search technologies, Identity & Access Management, information security, federation protocols (SAML v2, WS-*, STORK … )
* Provision of quality plans, quality assessments, quality control tests, evaluations and service level agreements associated with information system infrastructure services or projects
* Assistance in the implementation of a software engineering methodology
* Provision of security studies, security assessments and other specific security matters related to ICT infrastructures
* Elaboration of functional and non-functional requirements and business case analysis related to the area of expertise
* Elaboration of vision documents focused upon infrastructure components
* Risk analysis
* Review of Information Systems Infrastructure Architectures
* Provision of technical evaluations and audit reports in relation with information systems infrastructure
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills
* Deep knowledge in one or more domains of the study required for the function (e.g. quality control, security, infrastructure, development language, knowledge of technology required, requirements analysis, performance analysis, a specific technical domain like vulnerability testing, business process modelling, etc.)
* Capability to write clear and structured technical documents.
* Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, very good communication skills
* Capability of working in an international/multicultural environment
* Due to the particular nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following nontechnical skills:
* Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team;
* Ability to participate in multilingual meetings;
* Ability to work with a high degree of rigour and method and, more specifically, to follow naming conventions and coding standards;
* Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project;
* Ability to understand, speak and write French and English;
* Experience with financial rights and financial claim handling Information Systems
* Experience with sickness and accident assurance Information Systems
* Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
* Good level of expertise and experience with the ORACLE
* In depth knowledge of Web applications design
* Experience in Client-side presentation patterns (MVVM, MVC) and Single Page Application development
* Excellent knowledge of:
* Java/JEE: JDK 1.7, JMS, JPA, Hibernate
* Frameworks: Angular 4.x, Flex, Spring MVC
* Build tool: Maven, Ant
* Testing: JUnit, Jasmine
* The work will be carried on the Commission's premises in Brussels, according to the respective lot;
* The service provider may be requested to participate in meetings with the Commission's services in the Brussels (and exceptionally in other locations);
* The methodology used for development is based on Agile and/or RUP;
* The technical environment is based on Oracle and Weblogic;
* The tool used for database design is Oracle Designer;
* TOAD or SQL Developer is used as development utility for Oracle;
* Eclipse or IntelliJ is used as Java development environment;
* Atlassian suite is used for DEVOPS;
* The methodology for service management is ITIL (aligned);
* Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome are the web browsers;
* All documents must be written in MS Word.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco's heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/DIGIT/2251
Contract Type Permanent
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Business Unit European Commission DIGIT TM
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 16 October, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address