Foundation Package Geotechnical Engineer
- Provide soil expertise with regard to foundation selection and participate in continuously improving our internal knowledge build-up.
- Develop ground models and conceptual geotechnical designs for offshore energy related structures
- Identify the soil related interfaces during design and installation of wind turbine foundations and offshore high voltage station foundations
- Provide support on soil related matters during the design, installation and construction to the management;
- Review and create Employer Requirements soil- related to foundation design & installation
- Assist in the selection of the geotechnical design consultants, survey companies and/or T&I Contractors;
- Prepare scopes and specifications for tender documents for foundations, and review tender documents
- Follow up of the different tenders issued for site investigations and installation of the foundations
- Participate in supplier selection process;
- During the detailed design phases of our projects, respond queries, review the design briefs and reports from design consultants.
- Follow up and comment on the engineering documents from the appointed installation contractors.
- Preparation, participation and processing of follow-up meetings with the contractor(s) or design consultants.
- Review the contractor’s assumptions and documents to assure compliance with the employer’s requirements
- Liaise with independent verification bodies
- Keep track of and implementation lessons learned
- You will be reporting to the Foundation Package Manager
Flexibility (in both directions) will be a large part of your function. You will have the opportunity to perform offshore visits (and occasionally you will have to travel, in Belgium as well as abroad).
Tenders, Design review, High Voltage, Offshore Services, Site Investigation, Reporting, Dutch, French, Polling, Offshore Wind, Soil, Energy, Foundation Design, Detailed Design, Pragmatics, Wind Turbine, Implementation, Design