E&PS FM Business Operations Director EMEA
Multiple Locations: Beerse, Belgium; United Kingdom; Netherlands; Switzerland; Italy; Germany
Functions: Facilities (Eng)
Start a new job search
Apply Get Referred
Requisition ID: 00001F1S
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 129 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Project Portfolio Management roles will be housed regionally and will be accountable for delivering standardized and consistent Facilities Project Management services in line with the E&PS FM Strategy for delivering projects. This strategy leverages external PM Services as part of an IFM service offering
for the non-make portfolio of sites. This position reports directly into the Business Operations Lead and is responsible for successful execution of regional E&PS Facilities projects across manufacturing and /
or non-manufacturing environments. An ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated experience delivering projects in facilities, Engineering, and project management along with a rich understanding of program and portfolio management across supply chain and non-supply chain sites.
Key relationships include communication and coordination with E&PS Facilities regional leads as appropriate, to ensure successful implementation and management of the E&PS Facilities program across regions while managing nuances of unique sub-regions. Project Portfolio Management is also
expected to involve extensive coordination with business customers on a project-specific basis.
* Serve as single point of contact (SPOC) at the regional level to execute E&PS developed strategy to meet emerging J&J and customer needs
* Ensure all sites have strategies and master plans to drive effective utilization of assets and space
* Acts as a single point of contact (SPOC) across the global portfolio for activities that are unique to a single J&J Business Segment (e.g., capital planning, budget roll-up, etc.). The EMEA Business
* Operations role supports the Global Consumer Make organization in this SPOC capacity.
* Ensure effective project management capability is in place to drive cost effective, safe and reliable delivery of facility upgrade and improvement projects
* Liaise with E&PS Strategy Team, regional organization, and Sector Business Operations counterparts to devise and deploy processes to ensure consistent facilities operations practices
* Execute Performance Management governance and reporting requirements at the regional level and below
* Coordinate and support the execution of Site, Sub-Region, and Regional performance reviews
* Leverage metrics and benchmarks (both internal and external) to identify best practices, cost reduction and process improvement
* Partner with E&PS Strategy Team and Regional Lead to foster culture of continuous improvement driven by metrics, benchmarking, and best practices
* Manage budgets for special enterprise-wide FM projects; approve and monitor regional capital and expense budgets
* Partner with Finance, support the regions, and collaborate with Governance & Performance groups to track budget vs. performance and to adhere to consistent cost allocation methodologies
* Establish and enforce methodologies to generate savings and optimize the business while deepening the regional focus
* Link to broader FM organization and Sectors and manage relationships with business partners in Finance, IT, Engineering, Make excellence, PMO, and Procurement
* Establish relationship with Sector Make organizations and Sector leadership to draw connections between EFM strategy and sector strategy; funnel recommendations to E&PS Strategy Team to
* inform global strategy development
* Develop business case fact base to drive improved decision making and implementation
* Assess the degree of change required to successfully execute strategy and incorporate relevant change management techniques into the implementation plan to drive the change smoothly and ensure successful execution
* Manage FM user interface for segment-specific planning and accounting tools such as TM1 and Instantis
* Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Business, Architecture, etc., or equivalent is required
* Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent; strongly preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience in business process development and execution is required
* Professional certifications, (e.g., PMP, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience within global medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer goods industry is preferred
* Experience working and socializing strategies within a complex regionally driven organization
* Ability to analyze complex issues using critical thinking, problem solving, and sound judgement
* Successful track record of leading a team at large, multinational enterprises with manufacturing and non-manufacturing sites; specific experience around governance and performance management required
* Prior business and/or operations management experience with strong business analytical skills
* Experience developing process maps, financial models, metrics and measures, and statistical analyses strongly preferred
* Ability to understand systems requirements, transactional (CMMS, CAFM), analytical & reporting tools, customer interfaces, and data warehouses required
* Familiarity with FDA, GMP, and ISO requirements within the facilities environment and ability to direct interactions with other technical functions preferred
* Ability to write clear, concise, and informative reports
* Ability to work with sites of varying size, complexity, needs, with agility and excellence
* Must be able to travel on a regional and international basis up to 20-30% of time
Location of Role: Primary Location: Belgium or a major J&J location with E&PS presence in The
Netherlands, UK, Germany, Italy or Switzerland.
Language Requirements: English language fluency
Travel Requirements: This position will require up to 20-30% domestic and international travel
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Office of Strategy and Growth