This is a key role for the signal path development for Implantable Hearing Solutions. Signal path for our Smart implants are increasingly important and this is a key position leading both the team and projects in this complex space.
Based in Mechelen, the Cochlear Technology Centre is Cochlear's largest Research & Development department outside Australia. Our enthusiastic colleagues work in a multidisciplinary setting to develop new technologies, products and manufacturing processes that will be used to develop new ground-breaking hearing implant systems. Close links of collaboration exist between our centre and leading technology providers and universities over Europe. Our team is characterised by a familiar, informal and dynamic culture.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. With the current low take up of hearing implants, the growth potential of the company is bright.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing Signal Processing Firmware Team deliverables; ensuring a clear vision and aligning signal processing technology development with long term roadmaps, execute verification and validation plans and provide reports.
- Managing Signal processing Firmware Team development and processes; mentoring and developing team members and ensuring continuous review of processes.
- Firmware Technology: championing firmware innovation and IP generation, reviewing and applying international standards, contribute to architecture and problem solving.
- Project Manager: managing key projects, ensuring technical integration is well managed, identify clear communication lines and manage stakeholders.
- University degree in science or engineering
- Experience in firmware development, in particular
- Signal processing firmware
- Embedded Firmware
- Python, C, Assembler Languages (ASM)
- Experience in leading small teams of engineers
- Experience in managing all aspects of firmware projects, from requirements gathering up to release verification.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in the English language.
Keywords: firmware, Embedded firmware, software, Embedded software, signal processing, medical devices, team leader, digital signal processor.
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.