Finance Accounting Specialist (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ's a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: Finance Accounting Specialist
- Booking all the supplier invoices into the accounting software
- Prepare the bookings for the vendor invoices to be received
- Review pending invoices in the accounting software and hasten
- Approval (where delegated) of supplier/vendor invoices
- Prepare invoices for payment batch execution by Treasury and Disbursing
- Run reports such as aging lists in order to check all the outstanding payments to vendors
- Ad hoc support of the business for questions
- Finance point of contact between suppliers and the business, when needed
- Assist with accruals information
- Review, approve if delegated, and book the intercompany invoices
- Prepare the month end closing files for AP including reconciliation
- Calculate travel expense claim liquidations
- Enter the travel liquidations into the accounting system and prepare for payment
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelor (or equivalent) in accountancy and finance; minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in finance and accountancy, knowledge of accounting software such as Oracle R12 or Peoplesoft;
Microsoft Office skills especially Excel ;
knowledge of the two Customer official languages - French and English but particularly English as this is the working language of Agency .
Hands on, flexible , team player , I PSAS knowledge , attention to detail , task/ deadline oriented , customer focus ,confidentiality
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service - To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies
Salary Salary information available upon application.
Job Reference B018/NO/New/3793
Contract Type Fixed term / PAYE
Closing Date No Expiry Date
Job Category IT Professionals
Location Brussels, Belgium
Date posted 03 December, 2018
* Add to watchlist
* Print this job
* Refer a friend for this job
Your email address
Your friend's email address