Field technician Wind Onshore
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
RES00000304 Requisition #
As one of the world's biggest energy companies, ENGIE wants to lead the energy transition in Europe. To this end, the Group is accelerating its development of energy services, electricity generation from renewable sources and digital applications.
Electrabel has very ambitious goals for renewable energy, especially onshore wind power. Today we already have 300 MW in operation, and by the end of 2020 we want that figure to reach 500 MW.
We are currently looking for a field technician to boost our maintenance team and keep Belgium's current and future wind farms running smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
* you will monitor maintenance, from both a technical and administrative viewpoint, on the wind turbines and associated high-voltage substations assigned to you in your region, working in close cooperation with internal and external partners (including manufacturers). You will be the single point of contact
* you will strive to maximise availability, while also paying close attention to safety
* you will autonomously perform annual technical inspections on wind turbines and report your findings
* if there are problems, you will go to the affected sites and monitor any special work, such as the replacement of key components
* for new-build projects, you will also monitor the integration of new wind farms in your region, in close cooperation with the project manager. You will play an important role in this integration and ensure that new wind turbines can be operated correctly
* you have a technical qualification in electromechanical engineering and you are skilled in data communication
* you have several years of relevant experience as a field technician in an industrial maintenance environment
* you are prepared to work on stand-by (evenings and weekends) following your training period
* you have a critical mindset. You are inquisitive and curious
* you are communicative and customer-friendly
* you are in good physical shape and are not afraid of heights
* you speak fluent French, English and Dutch
* you are at home with the usual software applications
* experience with the maintenance of industrial installations and knowledge of SCADA systems is a plus
* you have an eye for detail and you continuously aim to improve
* you are flexible and prepared to travel regularly (Belgium)
ENGIE Electrabel offers you
* we offer a competitive salary plus fringe benefits
* you will be provided with a company car and the computer tools you need
* you will be given appropriate technical and safety training on wind turbines (including theory-based and practical training, plus training in rescue techniques), as required for your position
* you will have the opportunity to learn continually and to evolve in your position within a highly dynamic environment
Your HR contact person
Frédéric Vervacke - 02 510 78 40 or email@example.com
Workplace: ENGIE Tower at North Station in Brussels. Brussels North Station is just five minutes' walk from the office. You will also have the option to work from home one day a week, and may also be able to work one day a week from our satellite office in Rodenhuize power station (Ghent)
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.