Expert Software Engineer
Do you like looking for new technologies and enjoy helping others develop? Are you a hands-on coder applying the best industry standards for code health, scalability and robustness? Yes? Read on.
At TomTom, you are in a unique position to advance and to impact the future of mapmaking. We are looking for a bright, curious mind in software engineering to join the team developing TomTom's digital Maps. As an engineer, you will be working with a team of skilled, creative and passionate engineers on solving complex problems. Your work will improve automated digital map updates and generate the best possible user experience.
Here is a taste of your challenge…
* Devise innovative ideas for solving problems and translate these ideas into technical designs.
* Be a contributor to our system architecture, able to prototype proposed solutions whilst giving support to the architect.
* Be the go-to person to give advice, on software development and proof of concepts, in and outside the team. Place your stamp on the team through the mentoring of more junior Software engineers.
* Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment.
* Design, implement and maintain state-of-the-art algorithms in Java.
* Be able to take on the end user's perspective.
A standard Expert Software Engineer at TomTom is hard to define. There is no one way to go about the work, and everyone is different. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
* Your Java programming skills and engineering know-how are impressive and you are able to perform stellar code reviews.
* You have the skills and desire to build and improve visual simulations of complex data structures.
* You enjoy working as part of a self-organizing Scrum team in a scaled, agile environment.
* You are able to create test strategies and have knowledge of automated testing, CI techniques and tools, design patterns and clean code principles.
* You might have knowledge in one (or several) of these areas: Big Data, Geospatial processing, Machine learning & Artificial Intelligence, Remote Sensing, Cloud Computing, API security.
What you can expect from us…
* Excellent & enthusiastic teams and a very positive work atmosphere in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key.
* An interesting job in a world-class company promoting innovative and modern technologies
* An opportunity to work in self-organized teams with highly motivated professionals in challenging and fast-moving work environment, keeping you engaged
* Take ownership of, and pride in what we do and achieve.
* Get rewarded. Market rate salary, bonuses, and benefits.
* Settle in smoothly. Our teams will make your move to Ghent a seamless experience
Want to join us? Or just want to hear more about this?
We want to meet you! Please complete the online form and attachments in English. To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Botho Koldeweij at +31-621507234. Do note that online technical evaluation and pre-employment screening are part of the selection process.
Who are we?
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time. Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility, and smarter cities.