Executive Assistant to the General Manager-190617
NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCI Agency)
Salary (Pay Basis)
: 5,003.92Euro (EUR) Monthly
NATO offers you more than a job. It gives you a mission: building peace and security for nearly one billion people in Europe and North America. The NATO Communications & Information Agency is leading NATO's Digital Transformation. We are NATO's technology and cyber leaders, helping NATO Nations to communicate and work together in smarter ways. Our work is challenging and meaningful, and you will develop and apply your expertise as part of a dynamic international team of civilian and military professionals. Come and be part of the most successful alliance in history.
Based at our Brussels Headquarters, on a 3-year contract you will join our NCI Agency team. As a key member of the Executive Management team, you will be responsible for conducting cross-Agency coordination on multiple activities to ensure the General Manager's tasks are synchronized and achieved on time. As an expert in your field, you will support the General Manager, in his/her day-to-day management of the NCI Agency. You are expected to operate with the upmost integrity and sense of tact while liaising with VIPs and delivering high-quality, efficient administrative support to top-level executives.
* Act as a first point of contact to the General Manager of NCI Agency, managing a wide range of challenging Executive Administration issues;
* Execution of diary management activity, coordinating and scheduling diary commitments and day-to-day business;
* Manage meetings and external visit programme, ensuring timely planning and coordination of meeting preparations, covering agenda, briefing pack and appropriate travel arrangements, including system requests and expenses;
* Liaison with Senior NATO professionals, VIPs and Nation representatives;
* SharePoint Portal Site Owner and first point of contact for portal and collaboration issues;
* Responsible for managing General Manager's Representation funds and serve as Alternate Funds Manager for Executive Management when required;
* In addition to diary management and meeting preparation, provide confidential administrative and organisational support including drafting memorandums, taking and distributing meeting minutes, , maintaining an effective follow-up reminder system for pending actions, managing personal scheduling and the Agency Time Accounting System (TAS);
* Act as Executive Management subject matter expert across the Agency to ensure standardisation and high levels of executive support are being delivered throughout the Executive Board;
* Proactively develop skills in areas such as planning and organizing, new technology, languages and effective communication;
* Provide constructive suggestions to improve office procedures and actively contribute to existing organizational structure and procedures to maximise use of resources and encourage innovation;
* Plans official and personal entertainment functions, and liaises as appropriate with other administrative/catering staff.
Qualifications and experience required:
* Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline with 10 years of relevant working Administration experience;
* Higher educational qualification but less practical experience, or a less formal educational background combined with particularly relevant practical experience may also be acceptable;
* Demonstrable experience of working in Secretarial or Administrative posts at Executive or Board level;
* Ability to provide leadership guidance and direction to Executive Assistants across the Agency;
* Excellent command of spoken and written English, with a proven ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
* In-depth working knowledge of SharePoint and/or Document Management Systems;
* Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite of software, including SharePoint;
* Effective organizational skills and ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner;
* Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach, allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment;
* Highly developed sense of responsibility, good initiative and ability to work with the minimum supervision.
* Adhering to Principles and Values
* Relating and Networking
* Adapting and Responding to Change
* Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCI Agency offices;
What do we offer?
* Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff.
* Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme.
* Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible).
* Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
A full copy of the job description will be distributed to candidates following their application. If you would like to receive the copy of full job description please contact email@example.com