ET-Senior Distribution Expert
Belgium, Brussels , Brussels-Capital Region
Engineering / Projects
TRA00000741 Requisition #
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Tractebel's Energy Transition Department seeks a (m/f):
Senior Distribution Expert
The Energy Transition Department of Tractebel delivers high level worldwide consulting on energy transition and is the excellence center of the ENGIE Group for all related topics. The team also develops and markets software solutions.
As Senior Distribution Expert, you will be in charge of delivering expertise services related to Distribution and Rural Electrification issues and of the development of the associated methodologies and tools.
This involves that :
* you contribute to international consultancy services in:
* Techno-economic assessment of specific electrification approaches (e.g. hybrid power unit; micro-grids; renewable energy integration; load demand assessment…);
* Techno-economic arbitrage of electrification through centralized distribution network extension or usage of off-grid solutions ;
* Masterplans/roadmaps related to distribution and rural electrification;
using power system simulation, GIS and statistical tools.
you lead projects in the area of distribution and rural electrification at a conceptual stage (road map, master planning and pre-feasibility study);
you deliver the expertise required for international studies dealing with operation and control of the distribution and rural electrification systems (due diligence, losses reduction studies);
you contribute to development and improvements of software tool dedicated to planning and operation of Distribution and Rural Electrification (functional specifications);
you develop innovative concepts and methodology for energy transition scenarios in distribution;
you work in a team on industrial research projects, on projects for international clients (Rural Electrification Agencies, Ministries, IFI, DSOs, Engie group).
* You have a master in engineering with at least 15 years of experience in power sector;
* You have worked for a DSO, a manufacturer or a consultancy company and you are familiar with the planning, operation and control of distribution network;
* Any other knowledge in the area of asset management is an advantage;
* You have an experience in the area of distribution network modelling and planning, relevant network modelling (NEPLAN, CYMDIST, etc.) and GIS tools;
* You are fluent in English and in French, any other language is a bonus;
* You have experience in international consultancy services or are willing to develop it;
* You have distinctive and proven capabilities to synthetize and clearly present information and results;
* You are capable of animating communities of experts;
* You are dynamic, creative, interested by high level expertise and team work;
* You are geographically mobile for short or mid-term missions all over the world.
What we offer
* An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance;
* A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (via the Tractebel School and the ENGIE University);
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
* A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.
Increase your visibility by updating your profile.
Find your submissions details.