Energy Strategy Consultant
Senior Energy Strategy Consultant
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution.
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
The Senior Energy Strategy Consultant conducts strategic, market and techno-economic analyses in the broad field of the energy transition.
He/she conceptualizes complex questions and thinks creatively on topics in the rapidly changing energy field. He/she is familiar with developing a scenario-approach in terms of underlying market drivers, technology developments, etc. Furthermore, he/she is delivers insights into the economics of new energy applications based on a deep understanding of the functioning of energy markets and the behavior of actors in a competitive setting.
He/she detects and structure new consulting proposals and shapes new products and services, pre-dominantly in the field of decarbonization strategies for cities, regions and corporations.
Together with project teammates and with all stakeholders, he/she shall provide high level added-value consulting services in the following domains:
Strategic and Prospective Studies & Emerging Business Models
* Analyses evolutions in the energy sector
* Analyses the market and competitive environment: actors, competitive landscape and new business models
* Propose and develop innovative business models to be deployed for new products and services
* Works out the economic side of business plans of potential strategic moves, transactions across the whole value chain and sheds light on the market risks.
Energy Economics related to Decarbonisation
* Carries out simulation-based techno-economic assessment of specific applications (e.g. Prosumer applications in B2C, B2B and Industry, Microgrids, energy storage, smart EV charging, Hybrid products with RES and integrated Storage, etc. )
* Contributes to the specification of simulation, optimization and data analytics tools to assess and deploy innovative energy system applications
* Defines masterplans/roadmaps to support clients (utilities, industrials, public authorities) in their transition to a more efficient and sustainable energy use.
* University degree in applied economics, mathematics/physics, (commercial) engineering or business administration; an MBA/PhD is an asset.
* 5 to 8+ years of work experience in the energy sector and/or in management consultancy with focus on energy/sustainability.
* Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch. Any other language is an asset.
* Experience in international consultancy services, proven by the number and variety of assignments.
* Experience in providing consulting services to Institutional actors (European Commission; Governmental bodies, regulatory authorities;..) is a plus.
* A sound understanding of energy economics and capability to think on a strategic level.
* Familiar with industrial, network and regulatory economics.
* Good analytical skills and used to work on quantitative issues with simulation models, preferably in the energy business.
* You are keen to work in a forward-looking and intellectually challenging environment.
* Experience in project management i.e. dealing with multiple stakeholders, managing internal and external resources, budgets etc.
* Strong communication skills; able to synthesize a complex matter and to assertively present and defend analyses in front of top executives.
* A good team spirit and ability to work in cross-functional and multi-cultural organizations.
* Motivated by the ambition of ENGIE Impact to provide strategic consultancy in sustainability for clients in order to help them reach decarbonization objectives.
* Geographically mobile occasionally for short missions all over the world.
* An innovative working environment (NWOW) with a real flexibility.
* A career in an international group, which is an active player in the zero-carbon transition and encourages innovation.
* A stable permanent position in an internationally reputed company with room for personal and professional development.
* An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
* Office location : Brussels
ENGIE Impact welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
* Posting Date: Nov 14, 2019