EMEIA FSO Risk Management - Risk Governance Manager
Diegem, All, Belgium
DIE000VC Requisition #
16 hours ago Post Date
Apply for Job
Share this Job
Sign Up for Job Alerts
EMEIA FSO (Financial Services Office) comprises 19 countries across Western Europe. The EMEIA FSO Regional Leadership Team (RLT) are supported by a team of risk management professionals providing consultation services and support to engagement teams on matters of policy, risk management, quality and compliance as well as related processes.
In addition to managing the strategic risks, Risk Management also focus on external regulatory and political risk, market risk, and the risk facing a large financial services-driven operation. Risk Management oversees EMEIA FSO-wide activities designed to help all of our people meet our global and local compliance responsibilities, and support our client-facing teams in delivering quality and exceptional client service.
We are looking for a Risk Governance Manager to work in the 'Risk Governance, Operational Risk and Compliance' pillar of the EMEIA FSO Risk Management team. The role will provide the opportunity to gain a wide range of experience in risk management and regulatory compliance and supporting the execution of risk governance across the EMEIA FSO region.
Your key responsibilities
This role offers an exciting opportunity to develop a best in class approach to risk governance and will include providing guidance to senior management to ensure that risks are appropriately managed and controlled, so that they remain within Risk Appetite. You will also support the Risk Management Committee (RMC) in connection with managing and operationalising the risk management agenda, the risk governance framework and internal control framework, and ensure that the RMC is made aware of risk and compliance issues in a timely manner.
Other aspects of the role include evaluating risk management information and external data to produce the Risk Radar, to support risk decision making and the management of risk within the organisation, as well as reviewing the target three lines of defence (3LOD) operating model taking into consideration the needs of clients, regulators, EMEIA and local country requirements. You will also evaluate trends in risk management information and external data, to support the management of risk within the organisation.
Skills and attributes for success
* Able to work collaboratively across the region and with the wider business as a whole
* Experienced at influencing senior stakeholders
* Able to operate calmly under pressure and manage competing priorities
* Able to work independently without detailed oversight
* Strong sense of initiative and ability to think innovatively
* Strong personal awareness and credibility in their chosen field
To qualify for the role you must have
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in risk management and risk governance in a Financial Services environment
* Good organisational, project management and time management skills with a strong focus on delivering results, including an ability to plan ahead and anticipate problems
* Experience of managing and coaching junior team members
Ideally, you'll also have
* Willingness to travel
* Experience in a professional services firm and strong understanding of our products and services
* Demonstrable ability to develop trusted business relationships with senior stakeholders
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.