EMEA Temperature Control Logistics Manager
Pfizer is a research-based, global biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives through the discovery, development and manufacture of healthcare products.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
* This role is accountable for the regional operational management of temperature control logistics and related strategic initiatives. This role will be responsible for managing and implementing continuous process/cost improvement initiatives, operational implementation of new packaging solutions originating from the EMEA region, and extensive root cause analysis of investigations and corrective action implementation for temperature excursions across the region.
* This role also works with internal and external sites and suppliers insuring that the logistics incidents combined with the protective systems, packaging, equipment, services, provide the approved temperature protection maintaining the highest level of product quality.
* This role also insures the training and compliance programs throughout the region so that all functions impacting the delivery and handling of temperature sensitive products are fully trained.
* Leads and supports investigations, corrective action implementation.
* Leads regional customer meetings to ensure compliance and transparency on logistics incidents.
* Leads meetings with forwarders and quality to resolve logistics incidents, ad-hoc queries, and it is the link between external logistics operations and internal Pfizer operations.
* Partners with the sites, markets, Logistics Delivery Operations, Logistics Platform Services, Customer service and logistics providers, to ensure that temperature sensitive products are shipped and handled in a compliant and efficient matter according to all regulations and Pfizer quality standards.
* Supports Transport Qualification and the network by executing Performance Verification studies as needed.
* Provide subject matter expertise on Regional regulatory requirements for shipping temperature controlled product.
* Promotes the zero defects mind set for implementing continuous improvement processes with key stakeholders and the logistics providers.
* Assist or lead projects designed improve or implement new packaging and solutions balancing Quality, compliance, and cost efficiency.
* Deploy and provide training and monitoring for the systems utilized to drive and measure performance across the network.
* Supports the development of metrics and KPI's for shipping of temperature controlled product.
* A University Degree in supply chain or other related fields.
* 5+ years of experience preferably in Temperature Control Logistics, Transportation, or Supply Chain in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or with a function servicing the pharma industry.
* A solid understanding of GMP requirements as it relates to transporting and protecting temperature sensitive products with in the supply chain.
* Strong knowledge of ERP.
* Ability to work in a multicultural and matrix organization.
* Communicates effectively-clearly conveys opportunities for improvement ideas and escalates issues appropriately.
* Works with a sense of urgency but at the same time delivers high quality results.
* Has the ability to communicate technical information in a user friendly manner.
* Strong analytical, investigative, communication, presentation, and writing skills and the ability to work on and across teams.
* Ability to gather analyzes and interprets, relate and compare information from multiple sources and identify cause and effect relationships supporting CAPA investigations.
* Excellent knowledge, written and spoken of English.
* Up to 10% travel.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Belgium - Zaventem