EMEA Digital Strategy Director-00001DEU
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Digital Strategy Director is leading a team focused on defining and building a world-class digital strategy for Janssen in EMEA with a specific focus on the digitisation of our outreach to many customer groups.
The digital strategy embraces the philosophy of RIGHT CUSTOMER, through the RIGHT CONTENT & the RIGHT CHANNEL of customer interaction excellence with the objective of improved business results for Janssen brands.
The Director will provide a vision for the digital evolution of our business with a particular focus on leading the change management and digital processes of our commercial organisation. Initiatives involve enhancing digitally enabled culture, providing the education and inspiration for employees to bring Customer Excellence to life, driving widespread adoption of digital best practices.
They will manage a team of experts in the area of Customer Platforms Business owners (CRM & Campaign Management), Digital Centre of Excellence Managers, Channel Excellence Managers, Customer Engagement Managers and will have a dotted line to Digital Analytics Specialists who are integrated in the Analytics & Data Strategy team;
In this role, the Director will collaborate with cross-functional teams (IT, Privacy, Compliance, Capability building teams) to drive process improvements and key customer experience programs.
SHAPE an organization of the future to enable a customer centric strategy in a digital world
* Develop an integrated strategy that brings Janssen organizational strategy into the digital age with a specific focus on the tools, capabilities and mindset needed to deliver high quality digital initiatives. A background in agile methodologies and teams is a benefit
* Transform the organization to continually listen to customers, understand their needs, preferences, and perceptions, and take action accordingly (closed loop customer feedback system).
* Provide strategic leadership of short and long-term goals to implement positive change and embed customer engagement philosophies and practices into the company culture and operations.
* Provide strategic direction in streamlining and standardizing customer engagement programs and processes across businesses.
* Instill a culture of innovation and ensure latest technologies are evaluated for implementation
* Define & launch capability programs around multichannel and customer centricity
DELIVER Multichannel & Customer Engagement Strategies that leverage Digital Capabilities
* Investigate, propose & implement technological and organizational evolutions needed to make Janssen a leader in digital customers' interactions.
* Lead Customer Interaction Excellence initiative, strengthening Customer Interactions Excellence foundations and implementing bold moves in the area of multichannel
* Ensure adoption of key digital assets (CRM, Customer website) & establish them as core enablers to develop a comprehensive system that supports the goal of competitive leadership through impactful interactions with customers.
* Propose digital ambition success measurements and follow up to ensure proper execution of the strategy
* Define priorities and secure implementation at both country and EMEA level
LEAD a diverse team of experts
* Ensure proper collaboration between the different components of the team
* Ensure proper functioning of synergy teams to guarantee maximum business impact to the brand strategic teams and to local operating companies
* Set priority setting and define resource allocation along the CIE core objectives and deliverables.
* Manage & develop his team
* Develop strong relationships with operating companies' teams and commercial strategy colleagues to ensure endorsement, implementation & maximum business impact
* Ensure strong collaboration with IT department to support ambition & strategy
* Partner with Legal, Compliance, Privacy, Human Resources and other functional areas to ensure compliance with internal SOPs and external laws (GDPR, …)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Master's degree or above in a relevant discipline.
* Proven and successful leadership position at operating company or EMEA level.
* Demonstrable expert in field of Digital Engagement, Sales & Marketing, CRM & Multichannel Analytics, Business Analytics.
* Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and how to drive changes in its business model.
* Comprehensive understanding of the critical business questions and drivers of performance.
* Very strong analytical skills, ability to analyze data from multiple sources and identify insights, themes, operational issues and areas for improvement
* Strong communication and presentation skills, specifically an ability to present complex issues and findings at multiple levels of the organisation.
* Strong networking skills with the ability to create and develop collaborative working relationships across different departments and countries
* Strong leadership skills with change management experience.
* Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in additional EMEA languages would be beneficial.
* Ability to work effectively in virtual teams in a highly matrixed environment.
* Aware of and adherence to J&J Credo values, SOPs, Policies and Guidelines.
* A minimum of 10-15 years business experience is required with a proven track record of leading high-profile project teams in highly matrix environments and cross functional teams.
* In depth understanding of evolving market dynamics in healthcare and in technology
* A prior experience leading a digital transformation would be beneficial.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB:
* Track record of business transformation
* Strong communication skills (oral + written)
* Talent to lead a diverse team in a matrix environment
* High degree of accountability and decision-making skills
* Combination between strategic thinking / direction and operational execution
* Strong leader, self-starter, entrepreneur, can do mentality
The role is EMEA based and will involve travel (50%) across the EMEA region.
It is anticipated that the role holder will be based in his/her current country of residence as long as easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Yes, 50 % of the Time