In this position, you will be part of our growing expert electronic design team developing electronic units for space instruments (for the International Space Station) or for space equipment (for various missions). This includes:
- Translating challenging board level requirements into an electronic circuit
- Performing the necessary simulations to prove the correctness of the electronic circuit
- Interact with thermal, structural and reliability engineers
- Documentation of the electronic circuit and its accompanying analysis
- Follow-up and review of PCB layout
- Preparing the board level test procedure
- Performing detailed design verification
- Supporting the system level validation
- Performing equipment level design feasibility studies
We expect you to have a master degree in electronics with at least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar technical environment. Experience with detailed electronic design (including analog, digital, power, high-speed) for safety-critical or rad-hard applications is an obvious asset. A good and practical knowledge of layout, production and testing techniques is a strong advantage. Previous hands-on experience with electronic design verification and validation is a plus. We expect you to be a pro-active, creative, enthusiastic and result-oriented team player with a strong focus on details and efficient design implementation. Fluency in English is an absolute must.
The leading edge technological aspects and the variety of work makes working with QinetiQ Space an exciting challenge. We offer you a unique opportunity to fully develop your talent/career and prove yourself in one of the top high technological companies in Flanders. A challenging and exciting opportunity in a team of enthusiastic and inspiring colleagues is waiting for you.