Our portfolio includes millimeter wave phased array transceivers, record-breaking ADCs, reconfigurable low-noise frequency synthesizers, tunable duplexers, and more. Our solutions cover the entire spectrum of wireless communication, ranging from LTE to 5G.
Covering the entire spectrum from LTE to 5G
We deliver solutions for the following communication technologies:
* Mm wave wireless communication such as compact, extremely energy-efficient 60GHz radios for 5G outdoor wireless connectivity and indoor mm wave access.
* Multi-standard ultra-low power radios for WiFi and WiGig connectivity in the Internet of Things. Our radio architectures achieve record-breaking performance and power efficiency, boosting throughput and battery life.
* Cellular communication with breakthrough designs for high performance, compact, power efficient and reconfigurable radio architectures.
5G and Internet-of-things communications
At imec, we are in the process of developing both ultra-low-power radios for IoT sensors to communicate to the network, cellular and WiFi radio as well as 60GHz communications for high speed data transfer.
mm-Wave wireless communication
Discover more about mm-wave wireless communication solutions developed and licensed by imec.
Multi-standard ultra-low power IoT and 5G radios
Discover more about the multi-standard, ultra-low power radios being developed by imec for IoT applications.
Cellular and WiFi communication
Find out more about imec's development of scalable radios for LTE and WiFi.
Power Model for Wireless Base Stations
Wireless base stations currently consume more than 80 percent of the total mobile network power and this number will only rise with increases in data traffic and support of new services for 5G and the Internet of Things.
How can we help you?
Send us your request
I'm looking for
Get in touch
Some examples of what we have done
60GHz technology for WiGig® and 5G applications
imec Magazine | April 2017
Tackling the challenges of 5G with hybrid III-V/Si technology
imec Magazine | February 2018
Imec Reports World-Class Low-Power IP Blocks for 5G
At imec bright people build a bright future.
You could be one of these builders. Whether you are an engineer or an operator, a consultant or PhD student, we need a versatile group of people to help us create positive change.
Join the forward thinkers
User Researcher in domein van Smart Cities
Wil je graag een positieve bijdrage leveren aan het stadsleven, en een brug slaan tussen burgers, de privésector, overheid en de academische wereld in Brussel, Antwerpen en andere Vlaamse steden? Als user researcher smart cities werk je mee aan het samen brengen van mens en innovatie om oplossingen…
As a Mask and Tape Out Engineer you will support designs that involve the most advanced technologies
Test Engineer Health Interoperbility
Are you passionate about health IT? Do you like test and develop tools that have a real impact in the everyday life of patients in Belgium and around the world? Would you love to work in a talented team located in Hasselt and close to home? Then you might be the test engineer we are looking for!
Projectcoördinator City of Things
De projectcoördinator City of Things Antwerp is verantwoordelijk van A tot Z voor het goede verloop en de kwalitatieve oplevering van een project.
More job opportunities
What can we do for you?
* Our industrial affiliation program (IIAP) connects you with imec's global partner ecosystem including leading EDA and IP vendors and commercial foundries, enabling you to share costs and lower risk through collaborative and precompetitive research.
Why work with us?
* We are a world-recognized center-of-excellence with an extensive IP portfolio in low-power chip design, mm-wave IC and antenna design, advanced signal processing and data science techniques.
* Shorten your time-to-market through our offering in white box IP (intellectual property) licenses that includes technology transfer, training, support.
Get imec updates tailored to your needs
imec technology forum updates
Sign up to receive precisely the kind of imec info you want.