EHS Manager Engineering Department
* Requisition ID: WD154859
* Position: Full-Time Regular
* Open date: Jul 11, 2018 1:16 PM
* Functional area: Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability
* Required degrees: Not Indicated
Select Locale Email a friend
Responsible for advising the company and employees on health and safety legislation and compliance. Develops and implements company policies, plans and professional standards, meeting any changes to legal or operational requirements.
*Certifies the safety of chemical products for placement in company or customer environments
*Develops site/plant personnel safety programmes and trains employees at the plant, develops/teaches hazard avoidance and disease prevention
*Acts as a consultant, reviews facilities and manufacturing processes for potential safety risks
*Develops and monitors implementation of training and education programmes for safety compliance strategies and various regulatory requirements in a manufacturing safety
*Monitors the adherence to guidelines and policies
*Monitors the adherence to constructional and operational fire protection regulations
*Conducts safety studies
Be a permanent member of the Business Unit (BU) Management Team contributing to the decision-making process and promoting continuous EHS performance improvement. Be the EHS responsible person in the BU.
* Implement all the safety advisers missions, as defined in the Belgian regulations in their organization, under the responsibility of the EHS Director
* Provide advice and recommendations to the BU Director and to their management team to ensure compliance to GSK standards and Belgium regulations, taking into account the business needs
* Share and adopt best practices. Contribute to the development of the GSK Biologicals EHS excellence
* Develop an EHS culture in the BU and the foster the risk ownership by the line management
* Develop and follow-up the BU EHS improvement plan, in line with the Bio Belgium policies and plans
* Seek for expertise in the EHS shared services as appropriate. Work in partnership with the occupational health and environmental services
* Identify safety training needs of all employees and provide that training through in-house resources or external consultancies
* Develop and implement EHS inspection and audit techniques for internal use
* Maintain a comprehensive set of metrics that monitor and describe short and longer term safety performance and facilitate continuous improvement
* Identify, investigate and report on compliance breaches, emergencies, serious incidents, injuries
* Manage the EHS aspects, including loss prevention, of the investment projects in the BU
* Collaborate with and support the EHS site representative for all site related issues, including the emergency response
* Prepare the BU for and lead in any EHS or loss prevention audits by relevant corporate functions, insurers or regulatory enforcement authorities
* Contribute to the EHS Belgium Committee and to the CPPT
* Drive the EHS relays network
* Contribute to the EHS coordination structure and committee
Why You?Basic qualifications:
*University degree of Engineering or Sciences (e.g. Electro-Mechanics, Chemistry)
*Registered safety advisor (training level 1).
* At least 5 years professional experience with at least 3 years in similar business (biotech, pharma, food industry)
* Knowledgeable about safety/ergonomics/industrial hygiene regulations and technologies
* Demonstrates fluency in spoken and written English as well as French
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.