Domain Manager Supply Chain Management
Domain Manager Supply Chain Management
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore's rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
* Managing and following up global planning and site production in accordance with the sales forecast and provided instructions by higher management.
* Manages with the various planning organizations the month, year and longer-term planning of raw materials, precursors, intermediates and finished goods in alignment with respective sales forecasts, keeping in mind an economical and efficient supply chain, understanding impact of cross-country flows and tolling setup
* Gate keeper for any deviation of site planning versus sales planning and customer allocations as agreed by higher management
* Keeps VP Operations RBM informed about site planning changes that can impact customer needs or internal supply chain
* Is the main contact of the Commercial planner in order to have a good alignment between customer needs and production planning
* Assesses regularly the site planning, warehousing and logistics situation in view of standardization and efficient working.
* Assesses regularly Supply chain planning, warehousing situation and logistics in view of an optimized setup.
* Is the main contact of Supply, Upstream and RBM sales planner in order to have a good alignment between various groups
* Manages regular meetings between various planning teams to assure full alignment
* Follows up any direct discussion and agreements between supply and/or commercial team and site planning
* Follows up inventories to steer and optimize the overall planning and site planning, logistics and warehousing in view of optimizing working capital, cost effective RBM operational supply chain and security of supply
* Is involved in any decision to change intra site planning and/or inter site planning and has a final say towards the sites in close discussion with VP RBM Operations
* Provides reports as requested by VP RBM Operations on weekly, monthly or ad-hoc base
* Takes part in the RBM (strategic) production simulation exercises in view of yearly budgeting but also during the year depending on the needs
* Manages & supports supply chain and planning tools
* Manages or will be part of various supply chain related projects
* Supports EST supply chain organization with advice from an operational supply chain perspective in view of setting up most effective supply chain business models (cross country flows, import/export, tolling/non-tolling, VAT optimization and assures correct application within the full RBM Supply Chain.
Who we are looking for
* Bachelors or Master's degree in business engineering, supply chain or other, with minimal 10 years experience in supply chain management especially with cross boarder flows and tolling systems
* Good knowledge of variety of systems & tools applied in supply chain management
* Experience in working in an intercultural environment
* Ability to lead and motivate as well as maintain a high morale among the members of the organization
* Capable of managing several priorities under time restraint and meet deadlines
* Good knowledge of product and manufacturing processes
* Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access and Word)
* Excellent written and spoken English communication
* Strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
* Well-developed business communication skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Location of office is residence country of the candidate (Belgium, China or Korea), expect occasional travel and remote leadership/reporting.
Would you like to have more information on this opportunity? Please contact Mark Dolfyn (Mark.Dolfyn@eu.umicore.com)
If my/our leadership/teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?